Re: Questions about the Scouter's Training Award and Key and Arrowhead Honor Award

  • emb021
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2002
      --- In scouter_t@y..., Dave Loomis <dloomis@n...> wrote:
      > At one time Cub Scouters could earn the Scouters Taining
      Award AND the
      > Scouters Key, the green and green and the green and white knots, on
      a background
      > of your choice - used to be blue for Cub Scouters.

      The Scouter's Training Award since the 1950s could be earned by Boy
      Scout leaders, Cub Scout leaders, Sea Explorer leaders, and Explorer
      leaders. The knot was available on khaki, forest green, navy blue,
      and white for the khaki (Boy & Cub Scout leaders), forest green
      (Exploring), and navy blue & white (Sea Exploring) uniforms. The
      knot devices indicated what program(s) you earned it in.

      The Scouter's Key since the 1950s could be earned by Scoutmasters,
      Cubmasters, Skippers, and Advisors. It, too, was available on khaki,
      green, white, and navy blue.

      The different colored backings was dropped in 1979.

      Michael Brown
      Venturing Crews #1838 & 2564
    • Tom Tremain
      Message 2 of 9 , May 4, 2002
        I do not find any reference to a Cub Scout leader being able to earn the
        Scouter's Training Award.

        Message 3 of 9 , May 4, 2002
          Becaue that option ceased around Dec 88. Now they earn the award for
          the position in which they serve, or the Cub Scouter Award if they are
          Committee or some other position without a specific award.

          Dave

          Tom Tremain wrote:

          > I do not find any reference to a Cub Scout leader being able to earn the
          > Scouter's Training Award.

          Dave Loomis mailto:dloomis@...
          1094 Woodbury Ave. (603) 431 5342
          Portsmouth, NH 03801-3225
        • Gary C Burkhardt
          Message 4 of 9 , May 4, 2002
            A member of the Cub Scout Roundtable staff may earn the Scouter's
            Training Award which they would wear with the Cub Scout device.

            Gary Burkhardt
            Suffolk County Council Training Chairman