Re: New Boy Scout Fast Start is out, and JLT, too

  • redhotladyscorpion
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 15 2:57 PM
      Oh, thank you so much!! That does help the picture become a little
      clearer!
    • Mullaney, Peter [AMSTA-AR-WES]
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 16 11:09 AM
        > ----------
        > From: emb021
        >
        > Subject: [Scouter_T] Re: New Boy Scout Fast Start is out, and JLT,
        > too

        Snip
        > Junior Leader Training Conference. This is a week-long (some do 2
        > weekends) event run by the Council following the JLTC syllabus
        > #34553A. It can loosely be called 'Wood Badge for Junior Leaders',
        > and supposedly it will be updated in a year or so. If you've never
        > heard of "JLTC", don't be suprised. Many, many councils give it
        > other names: Pine Tree, Powder Horn, Silver Panther, etc.

        Powder Horn is something entirely different. It is sort of adult
        training for running 'high-adventure' outings. I was asked, but
        will not be able to attend my Council's first Powder Horn course.

        Pete
      • emb021
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 16 2:24 PM
          --- In scouter_t@y..., "Mullaney, Peter [AMSTA-AR-WES]"
          <mullaney@p...> wrote:
          > > ----------
          > > From: emb021
          > >
          > Snip
          > > Junior Leader Training Conference. This is a week-long (some do
          2
          > > weekends) event run by the Council following the JLTC syllabus
          > > #34553A. It can loosely be called 'Wood Badge for Junior
          Leaders',
          > > and supposedly it will be updated in a year or so. If you've
          never
          > > heard of "JLTC", don't be suprised. Many, many councils give it
          > > other names: Pine Tree, Powder Horn, Silver Panther, etc.
          > >

          > Powder Horn is something entirely different. It is sort of adult
          > training for running 'high-adventure' outings. I was asked, but
          > will not be able to attend my Council's first Powder Horn course.

          Sorry, was NOT talking about that course. Am fully aware of Powder
          Horn training, and plan on taking one of the Florida PH courses this
          fall.

          Many councils give their JLTC Courses names. One council calls their
          JLTC "Powderhorn". Other names are Brownsea, Pine Tree, etc, which
          was my point. Some people may not understand that "JLTC" is a
          generic name.

          Michael Brown
          Venturing Crews #1838 & 2564