RE: [Scouter_T] Cub Scout Crisis

  • Mullaney, Peter [AMSTA-AR-WES]
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 11, 2002
      I lead the Committee Member break-out at our RoundTable. This
      subject has been discussed a number of times. One woman's solution
      was this: At the first Pack meeting of the year make it clear
      that everyone must sign up for something (leaders, committee,
      Blue & Gold, tours, etc) or they will be assigned something to do
      for the Pack. This may be heavy handed and you may lose some boys
      who need scouting, but sometimes you have to play hard ball.

      I recommend you suggest to this woman to go to her RT and ask the
      RT commissioner to have an open forum on this. Hearing how other
      Packs handle this may not give her the solution, but it may
      give her some ways to start.

      By the way, what is a 'dh'? I know what it is in baseball,
      but here? Maybe 'dear husband'?

      Pete Mullaney