Varsity Training Released, New Boy Scout Fast Start

  • Wendell Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2002
      I just received this message (thanks John) and thought some of you
      might be interested.

      New Training Materials available. A new orange binder to complete the
      New Leader Essentials storage box issued last year is available now.
      An included letter from John Alline, Director of Boy Scout Training
      announces a new Boy Scout Fast Start Orientation and viewer guide, and
      the release of the Varsity Coach Leader Specific Training.

      Included materials are:

      Boy Scout Fast Start Orientation AV-02V026
      Boy Scout Leader Fast Start Viewer Guide 18-350
      VarsityCoach Leader Specific Training & CD 34877
      VarsityTraining Poster Set 34884
      New Items Order form 70-917
      Boy Scout Fast Start order form 18-430
      Letterfrom John Alline, March 15, 2002

      The new Boy Scout Fast Start tape lists as 34 minutes. The 6 page
      viewers guide is intended to be given to the viewer(s). The order form
      shows it as free of charge, (25 per order). The 183 page Varsity Coach
      Leader Specific training includes an updated version of the Basic
      Leader Training CD-ROM (556 MB). A new 'Varsity Scouting' link under
      'Basic Leader Training Support Materials' on the CD includes 51 pages
      of the syllabus and appendices.

      The PowerPoint presentations now include:
      Welcome to Varsity Coach Leader Specific Training-Session 1
      Welcome to Varsity Coach Leader Specific Training-Session 2
      Welcome to Varsity Coach Leader Specific Training-Session 3

      Also new are PowerPoint presentations:
      Welcome to Venturing Leader Specific Training-Session 1
      Welcome to Venturing Leader Specific Training-Session 2
      Welcome to Venturing Leader Specific Training-Session 3
      Welcome to Venturing Leader Specific Training-Session 4
      Welcome to Venturing Leader Specific Training-Session 5

      The Cub Scout Uniforming Game, additional resources, and the viewer
      software seemed to remain unchanged. I'm not sure about the 'Clip
      Art', as I don't have a copy of the original CD handy.

      YIS

      John Wooten

    • Bill Kuhfuss
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 21, 2008
        The Viewer Guide for Boy Scout Fast Start is no longer at
        http://www.scouting.org/boyscouts/faststart/18-350.pdf (ref.
        know where to find it now?
        Bill

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Wendell Brown" <wbrown@...> wrote:

        > I just received this message (thanks John) and thought some of you
        > might be interested.
        >
        > ==================BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE==================
        >
        > New Training Materials available. A new orange binder to complete
        the
        > New Leader Essentials storage box issued last year is available
        now.
        > An included letter from John Alline, Director of Boy Scout Training
        > announces a new Boy Scout Fast Start Orientation and viewer guide,
        and
        > the release of the Varsity Coach Leader Specific Training.
        >
        > Included materials are:
        >
        > Boy Scout Fast Start Orientation AV-02V026
        > Boy Scout Leader Fast Start Viewer Guide 18-350
        > VarsityCoach Leader Specific Training & CD 34877
        > VarsityTraining Poster Set 34884
        > New Items Order form 70-917
        > Boy Scout Fast Start order form 18-430
        > Letterfrom John Alline, March 15, 2002
        >
        > The new Boy Scout Fast Start tape lists as 34 minutes. The 6 page
        > viewers guide is intended to be given to the viewer(s). The order
        form
        > shows it as free of charge, (25 per order). The 183 page Varsity
        Coach
        > Leader Specific training includes an updated version of the Basic
        > Leader Training CD-ROM (556 MB). A new 'Varsity Scouting' link
        under
        > 'Basic Leader Training Support Materials' on the CD includes 51
        pages
        > of the syllabus and appendices.
        >
        > The PowerPoint presentations now include:
        > Welcome to Varsity Coach Leader Specific Training-Session 1
        > Welcome to Varsity Coach Leader Specific Training-Session 2
        > Welcome to Varsity Coach Leader Specific Training-Session 3
        >
        > Also new are PowerPoint presentations:
        > Welcome to Venturing Leader Specific Training-Session 1
        > Welcome to Venturing Leader Specific Training-Session 2
        > Welcome to Venturing Leader Specific Training-Session 3
        > Welcome to Venturing Leader Specific Training-Session 4
        > Welcome to Venturing Leader Specific Training-Session 5
        >
        > The Cub Scout Uniforming Game, additional resources, and the viewer
        > software seemed to remain unchanged. I'm not sure about the 'Clip
        > Art', as I don't have a copy of the original CD handy.
        >
        > YIS
        >
        > John Wooten

      • Joseph Jansen
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 22, 2008