NLE

  • David D. Vaughan
    Message 1 of 44 , Mar 28, 2002
      I obviously should have not made the post regarding NLE. I asked a simple
      question and have received numerous posts on and off list which have not
      been positive or accurate.

      My question was a simple one and many of you have made some serious false
      assumptions. I was comparing the simplicity of NLE to the FAST START tape.
      My thoughts were that NLE could be incorporated into a Commissioner function
      eventually by National.

      In our Southern Sierra Council the training is well organized and has been
      for several years. The Commissioner staff on the other hand has been
      non-existence with the exception of District Roundtable staffs for many
      years. The Commissioner staff has been newly reorganized and has a talented
      Commissioner and two very capable assistants.

      Last year I developed a special training team that does nothing but NLE
      presentations. Our leader specific training is done in a Scout University
      type format quarterly. All outdoor training is coordinated separately. Our
      Council is large geographically but small in numbers. These methods have
      served us well. Our trainers at the council and district level for the most
      part are very good at what they do.

      I appreciate all the positive comments and suggestions made by several of
      you. For those who enjoy "slicing and dicing" others please find another
      whipping boy. I have been involved in Scout training for 23 years and have
      seen many swings of the training pendulum by National.

      David Vaughan
      Council Training Chair
      Southern Sierra Council
      W4-57-86
      DVAUGHAN@...
      Still a Buffalo....

      There's only one thing wrong with Boy Scouts...
      there aren't enough of 'em.
      -Will Rogers
    • Dave Loomis
      Message 44 of 44 , Dec 13, 2003
        I checked out your web site. What a fantastic idea. Now if we could
        invent something that runs on spam.

        Dave

        245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349