RE: Why can't I access the file (or database) I want?

  • Wendell Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2001
      >I tried to get into the file xxx.xx, but the computer is telling me
      >that there's an invalid URL or oops. What can I do to get the file?

      There are a couple of things that you can do to improve your chances of
      accessing the files and database areas on YahooGroups.

      1) First login (see number 2 if you don't understand this) and then try
      going to the directory instead of directly to the file name. For
      instance, if you are looking for a file try going to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scouter_t/files/ and clicking on the file
      name. If you are looking for a database try going to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scouter_t/database and clicking on the
      database name.

      2)You may have to associate your Yahoo ID with your e-mail address. To
      do this go to http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups/ and try logging in. If
      you don't see the Scouter_T group (or you don't have a Yahoo login ID)
      you will need to do the following:

      If you don't have a Yahoo account click on the "New Member? Click here
      to register for FREE!" link on the right side of the page.

      Once you have your id you will need to go to the "Account Wizard"
      (http://groups.yahoo.com/convwiz) to associate your e-mail address with
      your Yahoo account. The easiest way I have found to do this is to
      enter the E-Mail address you want to use in the box under "Don't have a
      password? Forgot your password?". Then click on Continue.

      You should now be at a second screen that will ask for a confirmation
      number. That number will have been automatically e-mailed to the
      e-mail address you entered on the previous page. Get your mail from
      that account and copy the code into the space provided and click on
      continue.

      You will now be asked to login. Follow the instructions and you should
      be logged into Yahoo with your e-mail address associated with your
      account and you should have full access to all file areas.

      -- Web Hosting -- http://www.arkie.net --

      Wendell Brown
      Arkie, Inc. -- (501) 312-ARKI
      6834 Cantrell Road, #185