Introduction

  • Marty Linn
    Message 1 of 54 , Feb 9, 2001
      Okay, I'll start this out. I'm Marty Linn, Assistant Cubmaster for
      Pack 1878 and WeBeLos II Den Leader for another 15 days. I am on
      the District Roundtable Staff and District Training Staff but this
      is my first year on both. Due to my other Scouting hats and family
      schedule, I have only been able to staff one CSBLT session last
      fall but hope to be able to participate more as my son and the
      other Webelos cross into Boy Scouts.

      I have been told that we will begin offering BALOO this spring
      (April) but have not seen anything scheduled or announced yet.
      Thanks to the information that I got from the SCOUTS-L and
      Cub-Scout-Talk list, that I passed on in our District, we had
      a copy of the BALOO sylabus before any announcement came from
      Council.

      I'm looking forward to the information and ideas that you Scouters
      with more experience with training can share.

      Marty Linn
      Polaris District
      Sam Houston Area Council

      Message 54 of 54 , Feb 24, 2016
        Welcome
        Connie

        From: "Ken Guarino fguarino@... [scouter_t]" <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>

        Hi all,

        I am just joining the group and hope to be able to share my experiences and obtain insight / tips, etc. from other members.  A brief background:
        Have been a scouter for 24 years, both my sons are Eagles, and I’ve worn MANY hats on the district and unit level.  Various Cub positions on committee and as a den leader, spent 14 years with a troop as a committee member and 7 years as Scoutmaster. Currently a Unit Commissioner and a District Training Chairman in the Theodore Roosevelt Council in New York.  Silver Beaver recipient, OA vigil, Wood Badge Eagle.

        Ken