Monty Python Training Anyone?

  • Sean Scott
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2002
      I know this may sound odd, but...

      Has anyone ever done (or heard of) a basic training based entirely on Monty Python skits?

      This all started one night at round table when my alliterative pirate parrot prop un-predictably popped to pieces. A brief, improvised dead parrot/Committee breakout session followed. What began as a joke has turned into repeat phone calls and emails from people wanting to know when we're going to do a full-blown "Pythonesque" Cub leader training.

      I know it sounds gimmicky, but there's been such an interest that I'm having trouble passing it up. People are telling me that their "absolutely refuse to get trained" leaders are willing to go to such an event. To sweeten the pot, many of the people I would dearly love to have on training team but won't, say that they'll gladly participate as trainers at such an event. (And they can all do English accents!)

      As time permits I'll probably develop a syllabus for a Cub Basic training (sorry, NLE/PST!), but if anyone out there has any ideas or experience doing something like this I would welcome the input and the saved effort. Thinking too hard makes my brain hurt.

      YiS,
      Sean

    • Kevin Pate
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2002
        Sean,

        No need to write up an entire syllabus from scratch.
        Why not grab up those folks who are willing to put
        that much extra effort into a training and mold the
        existing material into Monty Python attitudes, with
        the accents are just the bonus, lol.

        First thing I thought of on seeing your post were our
        Webelos I last year at Blue and Gold. Their run on
        (well, walk on actually) skit had them draped in brown
        robes like monks, bopping themselves with tablets and
        ala gegorian chant style doing the Law of the Pack.
        a spinout of a scene from Search of the Holy Grail (I
        think that's the movie anyway, beeen a looong looong
        time since I've seen it)

        Heck, we're wrapping BALOO into a Wizard of OZ format
        next month, I don't see why (albeit there's more work
        involved) ya can't do NLE/PST Python style

        have fun with it!

        Kevin

        http://greetings.yahoo.com
      • Terilianne@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 6, 2002
          This is sooooo tempting......We have training on saturday and (don't ask how)
          but I have a rubber rat......so a bit o' rat with that?

          Teri Stoel
          Hiawatha District Cub Trainer Co-ordinator
          Tiger Den Leader
          Webelos Asst Den Leader
          Training/Advancement Chair
          Pack 43-Tioga Hills
          Hiawatha District, Baden Powell Council
          Apalachin, NY
        • Sean Scott
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 6, 2002
            OK, I should have said that if you're going to reply, that's fine, but please, no Spamming the list. I don't like Spam.