Re: BALOO recognitions

  • dc_gross
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2002
      > Dave asked: What have other people done for recognition (for BALOO
      trained leaders)?

      Our course last fall gave out the wallet training recogniztion cards,
      BALOO pins, and a t-shirt. The t-shirt was Navy blue with Baloo and
      the test "BALOO Trained" in the pocket area.

      We thought a t-shirt was a good idea since this would be something
      that they could use as a Class B uniform, and would promote the
      course.

      The problem is that the t-shirt costs more than a patch.

      Yours in Scouting,

      David

      David Gross

      SA T-142, CS RTC, UC
      Eagle/3, OA/B, AOL
      "I used to be a fox, ..."

      Registered in, but not speaking for, the Greater Alabama Council
    • Mullaney, Peter [AMSTA-AR-WES]
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2002
        Dave et al.,
        At our Pow-Wow in November there was a participant with a
        BALOO patch that was really neat looking. (That's all I remember
        about the patch.) I do believe the patch was issued by the
        Northern New Jersey Council. One of our 'pro' scouters was going to
        look into it but I don't know if she ever did. If we don't have
        any NNJ council people on this list I could drop her a message to
        see if she followed through.

        Pete