Baloo recognition

  • doublelope
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2002
      Dave: You asked about recognition for BALOO training. What we did
      for our first BALOO training this past fall was hand out wall size
      certificates with BALOO's picture on it, the participant's name, and
      that they had met the requirements for BALOO training on 8/23/2001.
      It also included the course director's name. We had also planned on
      giving out the Baloo hat pins. We weren't able to do that, as the
      council only had 35 pins in stock, and we ended up with 56
      participants!! The participants liked having the wallet size cards,
      as they could easily carry it with them, in the event they needed
      proof that they had taken the course.

      We plan to use this same card when we again do BALOO the 23rd of this
      month. We are also planning on doing a similar certificate for the
      WLOT we are also doing that day.

      Linda Goff
      Great Smoky Mountain Council Cub Training Chairman
    • David D. Vaughan
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2002
        I like the idea of the Wallet sized cards. I have been trying to figure out
        a way to recognize each of the now multiple training with respect and
        convenience.

        David Vaughan
        Council Training Chair
        Southern Sierra Council
        W4-57-86
        DVAUGHAN@...
        Still a Buffalo....

        There's only one thing wrong with Boy Scouts...
        there aren't enough of 'em.
        -Will Rogers
        > Dave: You asked about recognition for BALOO training. What we did
        > for our first BALOO training this past fall was hand out wall size
        > certificates with BALOO's picture on it, the participant's name, and
        > that they had met the requirements for BALOO training on 8/23/2001.
        > It also included the course director's name. We had also planned on
        > giving out the Baloo hat pins. We weren't able to do that, as the
        > council only had 35 pins in stock, and we ended up with 56
        > participants!! The participants liked having the wallet size cards,
        > as they could easily carry it with them, in the event they needed
        > proof that they had taken the course.
        >
        > We plan to use this same card when we again do BALOO the 23rd of this
        > month. We are also planning on doing a similar certificate for the
        > WLOT we are also doing that day.
        >
        > Linda Goff
        > Great Smoky Mountain Council Cub Training Chairman

      • roundtableguy
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2002
          --- In scouter_t@y..., "doublelope" <doublelope@y...> wrote:
          > Dave: You asked about recognition for BALOO training. What we did
          > for our first BALOO training this past fall was hand out wall size
          > certificates with BALOO's picture on it, the participant's name, and
          > that they had met the requirements for BALOO training.....
          > Linda Goff
          > Great Smoky Mountain Council Cub Training Chairman

          Linda,

          Thanks for the great wallet card idea! I have a feeling that once our
          training chairman sees this, he'll want to do something similar for
          all the trainings!

          Dave P.
          Klahaya District, WA
        • Hank Voegtle
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2002
            At 12:28 AM 2/4/2002 +0000, you wrote:
            >Dave: You asked about recognition for BALOO training.

            In our district, we presented the attendees with a standard BSA ttraining
            pocket card, a 8-1/2x11 certificate and a neckerchief.

            Yours in Scouting,

            Hank Voegtle--Eagle Scout-Class of '68
            I used to be a Fox (SR-Y2K-X2)
            Den Leader, Pack 890, Dallas, Texas
            District Committee Member, North Trail District, Circle 10 Council
          • David D. Vaughan