WLOT 2002 - A note from the Task Force Chairman

  • zxw55
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2002
      As the Task Force leader for the 2002 rework of WLOT,
      I would like to address some of the rumors that seem
      to be making the rounds about this course.

      WLOT has not been eliminated, but is undergoing a
      revision, evaluation and rewrite recommendation process.
      I would like to say more about what the course will look like,
      but the task force only makes recommendations, the final
      edit and approval will be up to the National Cub Scout
      Committee and respective NCSC professional advisors.

      The multi-regional task force is currently working very hard
      to complete it's recommended revisions in a timely way, and
      we plan to have those recommendations to the NCSC committee
      this spring.

      Because this material has to be proposed, reviewed, written,
      tested, approved and finally printed, I would not expect to
      see the new course material in print this spring.

      If you plan to run WLOT this spring, I strongly suggest you
      continue to run the course as you always have in the past.
      Unless your council's Professional staff reads something
      different in ProSpeak, assume nothing has changed.

      The WLOT team will have more information available
      at the National Meeting in June, so make sure to ask
      someone from your council to stop by and get the latest
      WLOT info.

      Now that I have your attention, we are currently
      searching for a council to run the new material as
      a pilot course this March. If you feel your council
      might be interested, please have your Council
      Training Chairman, or your Training Professional Advisor
      email me at zxw55@.... We are looking for a
      training team that is willing to work with new material
      on short notice, and is able to deliver material as written.

      National Task Force Chairman for
      Webelos Leader Outdoor Training

      Doug McFarland
      Otetiana Council, Rochester NY
      zxw55@...
    • Rod Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2002
        Doug,

        I just sent you a note saying that we might be interested but failed to
        ask for some details.

        Can you provide me some high level details on the course? Interested in
        length of training, number of staff needed to run and any other
        information that I could share with my key trainers to see if they have
        an interest.

        Rod Smith
        Council Training Chair
        Black Swamp Area Council

[...]