Status of Outdoor Webelos Leader training

  • David D. Vaughan
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 31, 2002
      Has anyone else on the list heard of the possible dropping of OWL (WLOT) and
      replacing it with a Webelos section attached to Introduction to Outdoor
      Leader
      Skills?

      David Vaughan
      Council Training Chair
      Southern Sierra Council
      W4-57-86
      DVAUGHAN@...
      Still a Buffalo....

      There's only one thing wrong with Boy Scouts...
      there aren't enough of 'em.
      -Will Rogers
    • CubBobwhite
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2002
        From: "David D. Vaughan"

        > Has anyone else on the list heard of the possible dropping of OWL (WLOT)
        and
        > replacing it with a Webelos section attached to Introduction to Outdoor
        > Leader
        > Skills?

        I have not heard anything like that at all so I am still going by the recent
        article in Scouting magazine from September 2001. I really can't imagine
        how the Webelos specific information in the OWL can be pared down to only
        one hour.

        --------
        Leslie Herman
        Council Training Chairman
        Blue Water Council - Port Huron, Michigan
        http://www.powwow-online.net
        http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/CubScoutRoundtable