Trainer Development Conference & Pack Trainers

  • Ken Todd
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 30, 2002
      I followed up with my Council Program Director. He has not received
      any of the information that you shared with us.

      He indicated that National still prefers that training be completed at
      the District level, but has found the in Packs we need to go the extra
      step to get it down to the Unit level. National went through a lot of
      expense to provide every District with Training materials to not want
      them to execute the Training.

      He also indicated that Council Executive do have the authority to
      define additional requirements for a person to provide Basic Training.
      It is his name on the bottom of the Training Card.

      At this point, nobody who is not a member of a Training Team is
      authorized to provide Basic Training in our Council, and we have the
      most leaders of any Council.

      As for attendance at TDC, we are strongly encouraging this, especially
      for new trainers. It is also a good idea for trainers who attended TTT
      a number of years ago.

      Yours in Scouting,
      Ken Todd
      NE-CS-59 Beaver