TTT/TDC/BALOO

  • cweiss1219@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2002
      Having trained at both TTT and TDC myself, I feel that TDC is a much more
      relevant course, and that the updates have been very beneficial. If it has
      been several years or more since a person attended TTT, it is worthwhile to
      attend TDC. Everyone can always pick up a point or two, and sometimes you
      need that spark to make that change in your presentation style to liven it up
      a little.

      As far as BALOO goes, my advice is to make it FUN! I ran the course last
      December 1. We sent a flyer to each of the 127 packs in the council. We
      told them that their trainers, the BALOOverly Hillbillies, were planning a
      beary great experience for them. We told them they were going to have FUN,
      we delivered on the promise, and they loved it! We used the Jungle Book
      theme and took them on a safari deep into BALOO country. 80 people had
      registered by the deadline, which was held open until two days before the
      event and we turned about 20 people away in the day or two before the event.
      We had to - there was too much planning that needed to be done to allow for
      this many people to register that late.

      If you build it right, they will come. And we had so much FUN that we are
      doing again - a few more times this year, in fact, because we had also gotten
      phone calls asking when the next BALOO was being held because people couldn't
      make that initial date for one reason or another. I am anticipating another
      good turnout for April 6.

      Cindy Weiss
      Hudson Valley Council, NY