Re: [Scouter_T] Training the Committee

  • Judy Yeager
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2002
      John -

      I believe that Fast Start training is the jump start to get newly recruited
      adults going until they can get to training. Don't know if it's still the
      "rule of thumb" or not, but they used to say it should be completed within
      48 hours of signing up.

      You asked: "Does NLE cover all of FS? Are the two redundant?"

      In my opinion, no, they are not redundant.

      <snip> Or, is FS simply optional, to be used when the next NLE isn't
      offered for a while? <end snip>

      While FS may be optional as far as qualifying for a trained strip, it is a
      requirement to earn a training award. It would be best to complete FS prior
      to attending training rather than going back when you have your training
      completed and a year's tenure under your belt just so you can qualify for a
      training award. Talk about redundant!

      <snip> The BSA site is not entirely clear when it says: "Fast Start
      training is the first step for any new volunteer..." <end snip>

      Maybe we're getting into semantics here. It is the "first step" but not
      necessarily the first "requirement" for being considered trained.

      Sometimes this stuff is about as clear as mud, isn't it?

      Judy Yeager