insurance issues

  • Faun Guarino
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2002
      "Per my council, Family camp does not require a tour permit."

      Per my council, PACK family camping does. Our council offers a variety
      of family camping options -- a family renting a campsite at our council
      owned camps does not file a tour permit, nor do any families that
      participate in the council-planned and run Labor Day family camping
      program. That's because the registration forms we fill out and the fee
      we pay covers insurance for all participants.

      If our pack is planning a (BALOO trained) family camping outing at the
      council approved campgrounds, our pack must file the appropriate
      paperwork, which includes a tour permit. I don't know who the council
      insurance covers. My pack also purchases supplemental accident insurance
      (Mutual of Omaha) which covers all registered persons (cubs and adults)
      and any "recruitment age" boys. Not sure if it covers anyone beyond
      that. Will have to check this out.

      Faun Guarino
      Long Island, NY