Re: [Scouter_T] Guide to Safe Scouting

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2002
      In many states larger vans require a commercial driver's license, not
      a regular passenger car license, so most drivers would not be properly
      licensed, unless they had a CDL.

      Dave

      "Jon T. Patten" wrote:

      > Folks,
      > Not to long ago, I recall someone saying that 15 passenger vans were
      > a no no to use for scouting. The reason was that the extension past
      > the rear wheels allowed for a higher capability for the van to roll.
      > In looking in the Guide to safe scouting, I can no longer find this.
      > Could someone point me to where I can find text on this from a
      > national source?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Jon Patten

      Dave Loomis mailto:dloomis@...
      1094 Woodbury Ave. (603) 431 5342
      Portsmouth, NH 03801-3225
    • Kathie Heidenfelder
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 11, 2002
        Hi John,

        Rules change every year. IF you are looking at the 2001 printing of the
        Guide, that is the final word.

        Kathie

        At 06:30 PM 1/10/02 -0500, you wrote:
        >Folks,
        > Not to long ago, I recall someone saying that 15 passenger vans were
        >a no no to use for scouting. The reason was that the extension past
        >the rear wheels allowed for a higher capability for the van to roll.
        > In looking in the Guide to safe scouting, I can no longer find this.
        >Could someone point me to where I can find text on this from a
        >national source?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Jon Patten
        > Cub Scout Training Chair
        > Casco Bay District
        > Pine Tree Council

        >Scouting The Net - http://www.arkie.net/scouting/

        Kathie Heidenfelder
        Northwestern University, Evanston, IL. USA
        kathie@...
        http://www.ece.northwestern.edu/~kathie