Re: [Scouter_T] Guide to Safe Scouting

  • Ronald Tramm
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2002
      not a no no just discouraged

    • Dave Loomis
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 2002
        In many states larger vans require a commercial driver's license, not
        a regular passenger car license, so most drivers would not be properly
        licensed, unless they had a CDL.

        Dave

        "Jon T. Patten" wrote:

        > Folks,
        > Not to long ago, I recall someone saying that 15 passenger vans were
        > a no no to use for scouting. The reason was that the extension past
        > the rear wheels allowed for a higher capability for the van to roll.
        > In looking in the Guide to safe scouting, I can no longer find this.
        > Could someone point me to where I can find text on this from a
        > national source?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Jon Patten

        Dave Loomis mailto:dloomis@...
        1094 Woodbury Ave. (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 03801-3225
      • Kathie Heidenfelder
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 11, 2002
          Hi John,

          Rules change every year. IF you are looking at the 2001 printing of the
          Guide, that is the final word.

          Kathie

          At 06:30 PM 1/10/02 -0500, you wrote:
          >Folks,
          > Not to long ago, I recall someone saying that 15 passenger vans were
          >a no no to use for scouting. The reason was that the extension past
          >the rear wheels allowed for a higher capability for the van to roll.
          > In looking in the Guide to safe scouting, I can no longer find this.
          >Could someone point me to where I can find text on this from a
          >national source?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Jon Patten
          > Cub Scout Training Chair
          > Casco Bay District
          > Pine Tree Council

          >Scouting The Net - http://www.arkie.net/scouting/

          Kathie Heidenfelder
          Northwestern University, Evanston, IL. USA
          kathie@...
          http://www.ece.northwestern.edu/~kathie