Re: Firestarters

  • emb021
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2002
      --- In scouter_t@y..., "Larry D. Ohs, Attorney at Law" <lohs@i...>
      wrote:

      > Our troop's chartering organization, a church, saves all of their
      used candles for us. We have a large trash bag full of candles to melt
      down next month; 14 dozen firestarters will last us two years. I use
      the woodchips from cutting firewood with a chain saw and dryer lint in
      the egg cartons.

      I have been told a good source for used candles are floral shops and
      the like. All those candles used at weddings aren't reused, so if you
      don't care, you can get them free or near so.

      Michael Brown
      SWFL Council, BSA