Re: Need some help

  • emb021
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
      --- In scouter_t@y..., "James Gallo" <James@B...> wrote:
      > Does anyone have any links to a "Merit Badge Counselor Training"
      guideline or syllabus? I saw one somewhere but cannot remember where.
      we're doing a Big merit badge midway in the early spring and I want to
      lay some ground rules when we have the staff meeting. At some previous
      ones it seemed that some counselors were giving them away by the end
      of the day, or forsaking some requirements based on misinformation.
      We've got close to 50 counselors lined up and expect upwards of 500
      kids, I want to ensure every counselor understands their role and
      obligation to the boys.

      Here are the current pamphlets from National on MB Counseling:

      Merit Badge Counseling #34520
      Guide for Merit Badge Counselors #34532A
      Worksheet for Building MB Counselor List #4439

      Am not certain which of the first two might have training info.

      Michael Brown
      SWFL Council, BSA
    • Judy Yeager
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
        Peter Mullaney wrote: <snip> Anyhow if you find a syllabus please share it
        here.

        I have in front of me a BSA document (#34542, 2000 printing) called "Merit
        Badge Counselor Orientation, Supplemental Adult Leader Training." It should
        be available through your local council or national supply.

        Judy Yeager
        District Training Chair
        Northern Tier District
        Heart of America Council