RE: [Scouter_T] Need some help

  • Rick Rambo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2002
      Try these:
      http://usscouts.org/boyscouts/mbc_training.html
      http://usscouts.org/boyscouts/mbcounselorform.doc
      http://usscouts.org/advance/docs/mb_training_handout.doc
      http://www.usscouts.org/boyscouts/MBCounseling.html
      http://usscouts.org/advance/docs/mb_training.ppt
      http://www.cpcbsa.org/cpcbsa/council/forms/mb_counselor_info.pdf

      I hope that this gives you a good Start!

      Rick

      **********
      Now more than ever -
      America is returning to the values that Scouting never left!
      **********
      Rick Rambo
      e-mail: rickram.geo@...

      FAX: (561) 673-0437
      http://www.geocities.com/rickram.geo/
      http://immanuel.faithweb.com/
      AOL Instant Messenger: rickram 1

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
        A few years ago at a POW-WOW meeting I suggested that they add
        a course on merit badge counseling. A friend of mine taught it
        but he didn't have any official syllabus. He handed out a
        pamphlet, which I seem to remember as being generic. For the
        most part the class was a group discussion. This was helpful
        but not really what I was looking for. I'm not sure if we
        still offer this course. Anyhow if you find a syllabus please
        share it here.

        Pete Mullaney
        Patriots' Path Council, N.J.

        > ----------

      • emb021
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
          --- In scouter_t@y..., "James Gallo" <James@B...> wrote:
          > Does anyone have any links to a "Merit Badge Counselor Training"
          guideline or syllabus? I saw one somewhere but cannot remember where.
          we're doing a Big merit badge midway in the early spring and I want to
          lay some ground rules when we have the staff meeting. At some previous
          ones it seemed that some counselors were giving them away by the end
          of the day, or forsaking some requirements based on misinformation.
          We've got close to 50 counselors lined up and expect upwards of 500
          kids, I want to ensure every counselor understands their role and
          obligation to the boys.

          Here are the current pamphlets from National on MB Counseling:

          Merit Badge Counseling #34520
          Guide for Merit Badge Counselors #34532A
          Worksheet for Building MB Counselor List #4439

          Am not certain which of the first two might have training info.

          Michael Brown
          SWFL Council, BSA
        • Judy Yeager
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
            Peter Mullaney wrote: <snip> Anyhow if you find a syllabus please share it
            here.

            I have in front of me a BSA document (#34542, 2000 printing) called "Merit
            Badge Counselor Orientation, Supplemental Adult Leader Training." It should
            be available through your local council or national supply.

            Judy Yeager
            District Training Chair
            Northern Tier District
            Heart of America Council