Jarred Brown, Life Scout Dies in Car Crash

  • Ida Lively
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2002
      I received this from one of our Assistant Scout Masters.

      Please pray for Jarred's family.

      Ida

      ----------

      Jared Brown a close friend of Joshua's died in an auto crash on Sunday
      evening with a group of friends while returning from a movie. Josh and
      Jarred were in Pack 110, UMC Fairborn, OH together from Tiger Cubs to
      WEBELOS. Jarred was in the process of finishing his Eagle project. His
      Mother Rosa is our daughter Rosa's Godmother and was my assistant den leader
      for three years. Jared was her only child and she is devastated. We ask
      that you pray for Jarred's mother and family. We will be leaving on
      Thursday morning to attend the funeral on Friday. Jarred visited our Troop
      about three years ago when Don Woods was still Scout Master. Please pass
      this story on to other scouts to remind them that even they are not
      invincible and that wearing seat belts will not save you when driving
      recklessly.

      ----------

      Fairborn teen-ager killed in crash
      Four others injured when vehicle goes airborne after crossing railroad
      tracks at high speed

      By Samantha Sommer
      Cox News Service SPRINGFIELD

      Investigators plan to reconstruct the one-car accident that killed a
      Fairborn teen and injured four others Sunday night near Tremont City.
      Jarred L. Brown, 17, died at the scene near Willowdale and Snyder-Domer
      roads, said Lt. Mike Marchek of the Ohio Highway Patrol. The driver, Katy
      Moore, 16, of Springfield was taken to Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton. She
      was listed in fair condition Monday. The other three teens ‹ Josh
      Londergan, 15, of Tremont City; Rodney McElfresh, 17, of New Carlisle; and
      Michelle Davis, 16, of Urbana ‹ were treated at Mercy Medical Center and
      released. The 1993 Chevrolet Lumina hit a set of railroad tracks while
      traveling north on Willowdale Road at high speed about 9:20 p.m. Sunday, and
      went airborne, Marchek said. The driver lost control as the car slid
      sideways for about 200 feet. It crossed Snyder-Domer Road, hit a stop sign
      and crashed into a tree off the left side of the street, troopers said. All
      the occupants were wearing seat belts, Marchek said. The top of the car had
      to be cut off to remove some of the teens. Troopers will reconstruct the
      accident to determine the car¹s speed, he said. No charges have been filed,
      Marchek said. Troopers will meet with Clark County prosecutors Wednesday.

      [From the Dayton Daily News: 01.01.2002]