Re: Digest Number 256

  • bnelson45
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2001
      I have never found the exact quote from B-P saying that Scouting
      was a game with a purpose. I know he said we had a purpose and
      I know he said Scouting was a game...but I have never found
      where he said 'Scouting is a game with a purpose'.

      I think it is a BSA phrase

      bill

      --- In scouter_t@y..., akela134@a... wrote:
      > Sean, that "someone who once said Scouting is a game with a
      purpose," was
      > none other than Lord Baden Powell. Ya know, the guy who started
      this whole
      > Scouting thing. Sounds like a great training concept. Keep up the
      good times.
      > YIS
      > Les Green
      > Assist. CubMaster
      > Pack 134
      > "A Good Ole Fox too."
    • Lloyd Solis
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2001
        In past discussions here and on other scout groups I've heard the phrase
        attributed to Green Bar Bill - but that's hearsay from me.
        Lloyd