Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Old/New Training Comparison?

  • Dan Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2001
      From: Paul Brown KD4UPD
      "I get to be our district's guinea pig instructor for the NLE
      course next month. I've been on the SMF course staff several times.
      Any advice for me?"

      Stick to the syllabus and resist the temptation to beef the info up. The course gives just enough information and those interested in learning more can do so by going to the references that you give them. NLE is an overview rather than an in-depth exploration. The other suggestion would be to severely limit questions from the participants. Answer those that are on track with the info being discussed but postpone answering the others until after the class is finished. Not only do the irrelevant questions eat up time, they sidetrack others who are trying to focus on the information being presented. Another thing I have gained from both Wood Badge Staff and with our new trainings too is that practicing your presentation a number of times will greatly enhance your performance on "game day".

      I hope this helps.
      Dan Smtih

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor