Ehtics In Action

  • Rod Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2001
      I am looking for information on the Ethics in Action program that I
      understand the BSA has. Can anyone give me any information about it
      like, is there a syllabus, how long a program is it, etc.?

      Rod Smith
    • Brant Lippincott
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 29, 2001
        Hi Rod,

        Ethics in Action is (or was) an "Ad hoc" program. There was a large book
        and you could pick various activities that fit different situations. I seem
        to have misplaced mine or maybe I passed it on.

        This book is no longer available and has been replaced by something called
        "Character Connections" which is supposed to be in every handbook
        (Tiger/Wolf/Bear/Webelos) - but is only in the Tiger book at this time.
        There is a small section in the Tiger Book.

        I've gleaned this info from other lists.

        Not much info, but maybe someone else is more in the loop.....

        For the Boys,
        Brant
        I am looking for information on the Ethics in Action program that I
        understand the BSA has. Can anyone give me any information about it
        like, is there a syllabus, how long a program is it, etc.?

        Rod Smith

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Dave Deutsch
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2001
          --- "Brant Lippincott"
          > Ethics in Action was an "Ad hoc" program. There was a large book
          > .... This book is no longer available and has been replaced by
          > "Character Connections" which is supposed to be in every handbook

          "Ethics in Action" was in the previous edition of the Cub Scout How
          Book. Although the book is still available this section has been
          removed from the new version. This new version has only been out for
          a couple of months it's possible some of these older books may still
          be available at your local scout shop.

          As the new Cub Scout Handbooks are reprinted, these activities will
          be incorporated into the advancement program for each level. The
          first was Tigers, others to follow.

          YiCS, Dave......