Re: Training information on ScoutNet2000
- I have implemented such a database for my district - I could post the
data description scheme if anyone is interested.
It has tables for:
- scouters (name, address, email, phone etc)
- units (type, number, town, etc)
- positions ( scouter.id, unit.id, position, start & end dates)
- events ( date, type, name, description, etc)
- attendance ( scouter.id, event.id )
It tracks scouter and position, units, events attended, trainings
attended, and certificates held. So far I can generate:
- event attendance sheets -- put a check mark next to your name
on a sheet.
- unit attendance history -- our DE and commissioners like this
one - the report lists which units had scouters at which
events (like roundtables)
- scouter history - produces a page (or two) for each scouter
with their positions (current and past),
certifications (current and past), and events attended
I have not gotten to the point of writing a user interface -- I'm the
only user so far, and can deal with a raw SQL command line for data
input and some Perl scripts to generate the reports.
Currently I am using mySQL as the database, Perl for scripting, and
LaTeX for report formatting all running on Linux.