Re: Training information on ScoutNet2000

  • plsander299@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 19, 2001
      I have implemented such a database for my district - I could post the

      data description scheme if anyone is interested.

      It has tables for:
      - scouters (name, address, email, phone etc)
      - units (type, number, town, etc)
      - positions ( scouter.id, unit.id, position, start & end dates)
      - events ( date, type, name, description, etc)
      - attendance ( scouter.id, event.id )

      It tracks scouter and position, units, events attended, trainings
      attended, and certificates held. So far I can generate:

      - event attendance sheets -- put a check mark next to your name
      on a sheet.

      - unit attendance history -- our DE and commissioners like this
      one - the report lists which units had scouters at which
      events (like roundtables)

      - scouter history - produces a page (or two) for each scouter
      with their positions (current and past),
      certifications (current and past), and events attended

      I have not gotten to the point of writing a user interface -- I'm the
      only user so far, and can deal with a raw SQL command line for data
      input and some Perl scripts to generate the reports.

      Currently I am using mySQL as the database, Perl for scripting, and
      LaTeX for report formatting all running on Linux.