Re: [Scouter_T] Training Awards & National Den Award

  • JNDunnMN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2001
      On Thurs Nov 8, Laura wrote:

      >Character Connections is available in the new "How-To" >book which should now be at your local scout shop.

      I have the new "How-To Book". Mine doesn't have a chapter on Character Connections. The Item # is 33832A. Is there another printing?

      YiS,
      Jamie Dunn
      P.512
      Pack Trainer
      Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      Cub Scout Training Chair
      3 Rivers District
    • Judy Yeager
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2001
        Laura Lyster wrote: <snip> Plenty of time for leaders to implement the
        material as the training awards are based on a calendar year - not a
        program year. <end snip>

        I have never heard this before. I just read the section on training awards
        in my Leadership Training Committee Guide 34169E and can find no such
        ruling. Can you tell us where this information comes from?

        Judy Yeager
        NT District Training Chair, HOAC
      • Michael Rouse
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 8, 2001
          In our Council, they are based on program year for the most part. We look at the 12 months in a year but if we have someone who is getting ready to leave (we are military) and they are a few months short then we put them in for the award.

          Connie