Re: [Scouter_T] Training Awards & National Den Award

  • Laura Lyster
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2001
      Character Connections is available in the new "How-To" book which should now be at your local scout shop. Our Scout Shop has had the books for 3 weeks now.

      Plenty of time for leaders to implement the material as the training awards are based on a calendar year - not a program year.

      In Scouting
      Laura
      EC-CS-19 buffalo, C-30L-97 fox
      Cub Training Chair

    • Steve Meyers
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2001
        Laura,
        I have to ask.
        Where do you get calendar year from. When I last read the requirements it just said year, which means to me any twelve consecutive months. Also, it makes reference to actions taken during a program year.

        Steve Meyers

      • JNDunnMN@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 8, 2001
          On Thurs Nov 8, Laura wrote:

          >Character Connections is available in the new "How-To" >book which should now be at your local scout shop.

          I have the new "How-To Book". Mine doesn't have a chapter on Character Connections. The Item # is 33832A. Is there another printing?

          YiS,
          Jamie Dunn
          P.512
          Pack Trainer
          Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
          Cub Scout Training Chair
          3 Rivers District
        • Judy Yeager
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 8, 2001
            Laura Lyster wrote: <snip> Plenty of time for leaders to implement the
            material as the training awards are based on a calendar year - not a
            program year. <end snip>

            I have never heard this before. I just read the section on training awards
            in my Leadership Training Committee Guide 34169E and can find no such
            ruling. Can you tell us where this information comes from?

            Judy Yeager
            NT District Training Chair, HOAC
          • Michael Rouse
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 8, 2001
              In our Council, they are based on program year for the most part. We look at the 12 months in a year but if we have someone who is getting ready to leave (we are military) and they are a few months short then we put them in for the award.

              Connie