Training Awards and National Den Award

  • Larry D. Ohs, Attorney at Law
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2001
      Mary Ann Mills asks how we should respond to new Leader Award requirements regarding Ethics in Action/Character Connections:

      <Let's say a Den/Webelos Leader completes his/her one-year tenure
      (starting this past September)and tries to comply with the NEW
      requirements, (from "Leadership Training Committee Guide," No.
      34169E,
      2001 printing)they have no materials for "Character Connections."

      If that same Den Leader tries to use "Ethics in Action" in place of
      "Character Connections," they will be unable to buy the material for
      "Ethics in Action." >

      I would ask your DE (or whoever signs on behalf of the training committee) to accept Ethics in Action activities for Award purposes and to provide leaders a photocopy of some of those activities until Character Connections is available. I've been known to make a copy from my own How-To book and take it to the Service Center to have copies made for leaders.

      Larry Ohs
      Arborland District Training Committee
      Cornhusker Council, Lincoln, Nebraska
      "...and a good old Fox, too." W5-63-00