RE: [Scouter_T] Re: Training Youth in the Patrol Method

  • Candace Lewis
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2014

      We are planning a weekend to train the SPL, ASPL, PL and APL to help them start using the patrol method.  Any online resources would be greatly appreciated.

      Candy Lewis

      Troop 1220

      682/225-0083- cell

      817/377-0060- work

    • A. Dukovic
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2014
        Sure, use the current "ILST Troops-0511-016" or any of the previous Junior Leader Training (JLT) programs available at your Council office.  They'll walk you thru everything and the older JLT ones are the easiest to use as they use a video, an exercise, and reflection after each section; takes less than 8 hours, good luck!!

        - Art

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 10, 2014
          There is the introduction to leadership skills for the troop.  It is a well written syllabus that the scoutmaster and SPL use together to train.  I believe that if you go to scouting.org in the training section you can download it.