Re: [Scouter_T] RE: my.scouting.org question

  • SFBAC Training Department
    Message 1 of 36 , Sep 19, 2013
      Alicia and Jamie,

      I echo your observations.  As a Council Training Chairman, we finally (finally) had the means to be part of the solution on being able to update national training records immediately, and now it's gone.

      The accuracy of training records has long been a BIG problem in every Council in the country.  Only a few years ago, National BSA was planning for a mandatory positional training requirement.  Reacting to the loud concerns of inaccurate training records, National changed course (for now).

      My District Training Chairs and I sincerely hope this valuable tool comes back soon, so that we can be 'helpful' in bringing ScoutNet training records up-to-date to accurately reflect the great training efforts of our volunteer trainers and many, many adult leaders.

      Yours In Scouting,
      Jeff Biehl
      Council Training Chairman
      San Francisco Bay Area Council #28

      From: JNDunnMN@...To: "scouter t" <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 5:12:28 PMSubject: [Scouter_T] RE: my.scouting.org question
      Alicia,

      I noticed the same thing. I went in today to try and update some training records, and I was unable to do so. I wonder if they pulled back part of the recent update, due to problems?

      Jamie Dunn
      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, <ariggans@...> wrote:
      Until this week, I was able to access the training records for my district and enter the completed training. Now, I no longer have the access. I tried calling National, but so far have had no luck getting someone on the phone who knows enough about my.scouting to help. My Council says they made no changes to my profile, so that shouldn’t be causing the difference. Anyone else having this problem? I went from having full access for the district to only having access for the Pack for which I am Committee Chair.

      Thanks,

      Alicia Riggans
      Committee Chair - Pack 1548
      Troop Treasurer - Troop 219
      District Training Chair
      Nashboro District, Middle Tennessee Council
      Phone: 615-227-4271

      P Please consider the environment before printing.

    • bnelson45
      Message 36 of 36 , Sep 28, 2013

        All registered district members use to have access at the district level to Membership Toolkit however that was probably a bug for the access was taken away this week.   We need to wait until the delegation feature is implemented and then request someone in our district key 3 (for district training chairs) or unit key 3 (for unit training coordinators) to grant us access.

        Anyone know when that delegation will become available?

        ---In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Mud on my face - I now no longer have access to the other Toolkits...  I regress :-((

        ---In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Unit Commissioner - that is why someone had to request I be "enabled" - I confirmed my key 3 did not "enable" me access.

        ---In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Would be helpful to know your BSA district registered position. Please reply with the position title listed on your BSA membership card.

        Thanks

        Mark Ellis
        Sent from my iPhone