NEW Membership Standards Training and FAQ's

  • Ben Ward
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 27, 2013
      Scouters

      Noticed tonight that national is starting to publish information on how to implement the new membership standards for the new year. This standard is about having a gay scout in Scouting. The following link contains all the information so far as to what has been released from the National Office. There will be FAQ's in a couple of days I am thinking, they are just not yet published.If you have any questions please let me know.

      Membership Standards Homepage

      http://www.scouting.org/Training/Membership_Standards.aspx

      Youth Members

      http://www.scouting.org/filestore/training/membership/pdf/Youth_Member_Facilitator_Guide.pdf

      Adult Leaders
      http://www.scouting.org/filestore/training/membership/pdf/Unit_Leaders_Facilitator_Guide.pdf

      District and Council Volunteers

      http://www.scouting.org/filestore/training/membership/pdf/District_and_Council_Volunteers_Facilitator_Guide.pdf

      Community and Chartered Organizations

      http://www.scouting.org/filestore/training/membership/pdf/Chartered_Organizations_Facilitator_Guide.pdf

      Yours in Scouting,

      Ben Ward

    • Todd Block
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 28, 2013
        Thanks Ben for the new links. It seems the Standards Homepage is a broken
        link.

        --
        Todd Block
        Unit Commissioner

      • Candace Lewis
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 28, 2013
          So how do we get the slideshows to show to the youth?

          Candace Lewis
          Board Certified Paralegal-Family Law
          Texas Board of Legal Specialization

          Paralegal to Jeffrey N. Kaitcer
          LOE, WARREN, ROSENFIELD, KAITCER, HIBBS,
          WINDSOR, LAWRENCE & WOLFFARTH, P.C.
          4420 W. Vickery Blvd.
          Fort Worth, Texas 76107
          817/377-0060; Fax: 817/377-1120

          Information contained in this email is confidential and protected from disclosure by the attorney/client privilege. It is intended solely for use by the recipient to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this communication is NOT the intended recipient (or employee or agent responsible for delivery to the intended recipient), you are notified that you should delete this email, and that any distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you have received this messagee in error, please notify us immediately at 817/377-0060. Thank you.

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 28, 2013
            Main Page link this:
            http://www.scouting.org/membershipstandards.aspx

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 28, 2013
              While I have not atttempted it, you should be able to download the
              PowerPoint file and burn it to a CD

              Don Wilson
              427 OHC
            • Ned Darden
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 28, 2013
                It appears that the Power Point presentation is not yet available from National. Hopefully when it is made available it will also include the narrative soundtrack since the introduction in the pdf document states
                "This syllabus is intended to be read verbatim to ensure that a consistent message is being relayed."

                Personally after viewing the youth and adult pdf files, I am disappointed with both the quality and content of the material. It seems that we're again dancing around the questions and problems presented by the changed policy without any clearly defined guidance from the national office.

                I'm hoping that the FAQ's will offer more guidance whenever they become available.

                Ned Darden
                SM Emeritus T451
                Pace, FL

                .

              • Ben Ward
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 29, 2013
                  Go to the first link on the e-mail and it is all right there. When you click on the link.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 29, 2013
                      Candace,

                      You are correct currently the first link works. All day yesterday it did
                      not, and the left hand side navigation selection to get to it also did not
                      exist yesterday. So they were working on it and now it seems it's ready for
                      prime time.

                      _____