Re: [Scouter_T] Insignia question

  • A. Dukovic
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2013
      If you go to this link:

      http://dankohn.info/~scouts/resources/Insignia_Guide.pdf

      you'll find the answer on page 46.

      -Art

      ________________________________
      From: Scott Smith <smithds@...>
      To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:54 PM
      Subject: [Scouter_T] Insignia question

      Hello all,

      I know this is not directly a training related question but I hope that
      someone out there can give me the right information or at least point me in
      the right direction. I have recently been appointed by my area as the area
      training chair. I was sent three uniform items as a part of this, gold
      (yellow?) shoulder loops, an 'area committee' position patch and a Western
      Region patch. I know where the position patch (left sleeve) and the
      shoulder loops go but what about the Western Region patch. Someone told me
      right sleeve but that does not seem right, I thought only the flag and
      patrol emblem (which I do not wear as an adult leader) went on the right
      shoulder. Searched the insignia control guide, did not get a good answer.
      Any help or steering would be greatly appreciated.

      Scott

    • nicoudsl
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 24, 2013
        From http://councils.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/InsigniaGuide/10P
        <http://councils.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/InsigniaGuide/10P>

        Regional Insignia

        This insignia is reserved for regional officers, regional committee
        members, local council professional Scouters, and national staff with a
        regional responsibility and is worn on the right sleeve in position 2.
        Adult regional world and national jamboree contingent staff and leaders
        may wear the insignia only during their assignment at the jamboree. The
        same rule applies to specifically designed regional insignia for a
        national event.