Insignia question

  • Scott Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15 1:54 PM
      Hello all,

      I know this is not directly a training related question but I hope that
      someone out there can give me the right information or at least point me in
      the right direction. I have recently been appointed by my area as the area
      training chair. I was sent three uniform items as a part of this, gold
      (yellow?) shoulder loops, an 'area committee' position patch and a Western
      Region patch. I know where the position patch (left sleeve) and the
      shoulder loops go but what about the Western Region patch. Someone told me
      right sleeve but that does not seem right, I thought only the flag and
      patrol emblem (which I do not wear as an adult leader) went on the right
      shoulder. Searched the insignia control guide, did not get a good answer.
      Any help or steering would be greatly appreciated.

      Scott

    • Jamie Niss Dunn
      Message 2 of 4 , May 15 2:03 PM
        The location they gave you is correct. It is where I have seen our region patch there. The position used to be in the Insignia Guide, but the most recent version doesn't seem to include the region patches (probably because they are only worn by region/area volunteers and professionals)

        Jamie Niss Dunn
        Cubmaster, Pack 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Troop Committee, Troop 509
        Ham Lake, MN
        Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
        Three Rivers District

      • A. Dukovic
        Message 3 of 4 , May 15 2:26 PM
          If you go to this link:

          http://dankohn.info/~scouts/resources/Insignia_Guide.pdf

          you'll find the answer on page 46.

          -Art

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 24, 2013
            From http://councils.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/InsigniaGuide/10P
            <http://councils.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/InsigniaGuide/10P>

            Regional Insignia

            This insignia is reserved for regional officers, regional committee
            members, local council professional Scouters, and national staff with a
            regional responsibility and is worn on the right sleeve in position 2.
            Adult regional world and national jamboree contingent staff and leaders
            may wear the insignia only during their assignment at the jamboree. The
            same rule applies to specifically designed regional insignia for a
            national event.