Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Pack Overnight Site Approval Form

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 21 6:36 PM
      There is no rule (from National) that says Boy Scout leaders need to have any more training than Webelos Leaders...........

      There doesn't need to be any announcement through official channels about BALOO and den camping because BALOO is for PACK camping.......

      Connie

      --- On Sun, 4/21/13, Lisa Titus <bearmitzvah@...> wrote:

      If the current position is that BALOO is required for
      Webelos leaders to take a den camping, then it needs to be communicated
      through official channels pronto.

      Personally, I don't understand allowing Webelos leaders to take the boys
      camping without any outdoor leader training. We don't send our Boy
      Scouts out with untrained leaders. Why would we allow it for Webelos
      leaders???

    • Lisa Titus
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 21 6:46 PM
        On 04/21/2013 9:36 PM, Connie Knie wrote:
        > There is no rule (from National) that says Boy Scout leaders need to have any more training than Webelos Leaders...........

        I misspoke. I was referring to what is required to be considered
        "trained".

        > There doesn't need to be any announcement through official channels about BALOO and den camping because BALOO is for PACK camping.......

        I'm commenting on the assumption that the email to the original poster
        indicates a change from BSA.

        Lisa Titus
        CM Pack 358 http://www.pack358.us
        CC Troop 459 http://www.troop459.us
        I used to be a Bear ... NE-I-250
        I used to be a Staffer ... NE-I-272 & N1-330-12-1