Re: Training Credit for Teaching Course

  • G.J.
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 4, 2013
      I do not know about other council's records, but ours are confused a bit. Since SCOUTNET does not transfer records amongst the councils like I was told it would do in 1998 by the then director of SCOUTNET, when we get transfers from other councils (lots of military due to several bases in and near the area) ti can sometimes be a pain to get the records updated.

      I was told by my DE to ALWAYS (emphasis) put the trainer's name as a student. That way if the records are incorrect, they will get corrected that way.

      Also does anyone remember when the national training committee was contemplating requiring folks to retake basic training in order to be considered "trained" a year or so ago? While national compromised on the issue after vocal opposition, allowing older training to still be considered valid IF local folks approve, they can always change their policies.

      best to include the instructors on the student list too.

      Aside, I will be emailing the BA22 syllabus later today.

      Jerry