Re: [Scouter_T] Training Credit for Teaching Course

  • Bob & Kathi Colbert
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
      Trainers are definitely eligible to get credit for any courses they're
      instructing. It just comes down to whether or not they're listed on the
      training reports that are submitted. Our District Director is great about
      ensuring all paperwork is thoroughly completed before we submit it to
      Council.

      As for YPT, presenting it with the DVD is acceptable. The course does not
      have to be completed only through MyScouting.

      Kathi Colbert
      Overland District Program Chair
      Nevada Area Council Training Committee

    • Alicia Riggans
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
        Actually, it is the full course. We offer it on the same day that we offer Leader Specific as back-to-back classes.

        Alicia

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 4, 2013
          I do not know about other council's records, but ours are confused a bit. Since SCOUTNET does not transfer records amongst the councils like I was told it would do in 1998 by the then director of SCOUTNET, when we get transfers from other councils (lots of military due to several bases in and near the area) ti can sometimes be a pain to get the records updated.

          I was told by my DE to ALWAYS (emphasis) put the trainer's name as a student. That way if the records are incorrect, they will get corrected that way.

          Also does anyone remember when the national training committee was contemplating requiring folks to retake basic training in order to be considered "trained" a year or so ago? While national compromised on the issue after vocal opposition, allowing older training to still be considered valid IF local folks approve, they can always change their policies.

          best to include the instructors on the student list too.

          Aside, I will be emailing the BA22 syllabus later today.

          Jerry