Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.

  • Andrew R. Hinkle
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
      Sandy,

      thanks for that clarification.

      My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
      new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

      "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
      includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
      and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
      train all of the other pack positions.

      Andrew

      On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > if it's on line already, it is available.
      > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus. It's just an alternative
      > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
      >
      > Sandy OWL
      >
      > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
      > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
      > Syllabus.
      > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
      >

      > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
      > out?
      >
      > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
      >
      > > FYI
      >

      > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
      >
      > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
      > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
      >

      > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
      > training portion of the Cub Scout
      >
      > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
      >
      > > SNIP

      Andrew

      Tristeza n�o tem fim, felicidade sim.

    • Richard Perlman
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
        Perhaps my question was not clear.

        What I want to know is if the Tiger DL, Wolf DL, and Bear DL Leader
        Position-Specific myscouting online video trainings are going to be
        condensed into one myscouting online training to match what they did
        with the "live training" syllabus.

        Rich

        On 2/27/2013 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens wrote:
        > if it's on line already, it is available.
        > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus. It's just an alternative way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
        >
        > Sandy OWL

      • Sandra Martens
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
          we're going to talk about it at our council calendar planning on Thursday, but I'm pushing that we use the new one for den leaders ONLY during the week, and do the regular syllabus for Saturday training sessions.  Our council right now runs den meetings/committee meetings during our split sessions and then follow up with a pack meeting (so they can see how everything fits together).  We'll do the den leader without the pack meeting during week day training sessions.

          Sandy OWL

          My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
          new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

          "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
          includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
          and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
          train all of the other pack positions.

          Andrew

          On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > if it's on line already, it is available.
          > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus.  It's just an alternative
          > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
          >
          > Sandy OWL
          >
          > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
          > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
          > Syllabus.
          > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
          >

          > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
          > out?
          >
          > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
          >
          > > FYI
          >

          > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
          >
          > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
          > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
          >

          > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
          > training portion of the Cub Scout
          >
          > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
          >
          > > SNIP

          Andrew

          Tristeza não tem fim, felicidade sim.

        • Sandra Martens
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
            can't answer that- but I'd guess probably not.  this new syllabus relies on the den meeting format, and I can't see that working on line.
            just my 2 cents

            Sandy OWL