Re: New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.

  • Todd Block
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 24, 2013
      Thank you Mike and Jamie,

      I did not have time to scan the manual before asking. My bad.

      --
      Todd Block
      Unit Commissioner

    • Richard Perlman
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
        Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled out?

        On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
        > FYI
        >
        > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
        > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
        >
        > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader training portion of the Cub Scout
        > Leader Specific training syllabus book.

        > SNIP

      • Sandra Martens
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
          if it's on line already, it is available.
          remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus.  It's just an alternative way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.

          Sandy OWL

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
            Sandy,

            thanks for that clarification.

            My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
            new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

            "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
            includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
            and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
            train all of the other pack positions.

            Andrew

            On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

            > **
            >

            > if it's on line already, it is available.
            > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus. It's just an alternative
            > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
            >
            > Sandy OWL
            >
            > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
            > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
            > Syllabus.
            > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
            > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
            >

            > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
            > out?
            >
            > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
            >
            > > FYI
            >

            > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
            >
            > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
            > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
            >

            > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
            > training portion of the Cub Scout
            >
            > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
            >
            > > SNIP

            Andrew

            Tristeza n�o tem fim, felicidade sim.

          • Richard Perlman
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
              Perhaps my question was not clear.

              What I want to know is if the Tiger DL, Wolf DL, and Bear DL Leader
              Position-Specific myscouting online video trainings are going to be
              condensed into one myscouting online training to match what they did
              with the "live training" syllabus.

              Rich

              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                we're going to talk about it at our council calendar planning on Thursday, but I'm pushing that we use the new one for den leaders ONLY during the week, and do the regular syllabus for Saturday training sessions.  Our council right now runs den meetings/committee meetings during our split sessions and then follow up with a pack meeting (so they can see how everything fits together).  We'll do the den leader without the pack meeting during week day training sessions.

                Sandy OWL

                My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
                new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

                "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
                includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
                and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
                train all of the other pack positions.

                Andrew

                On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

                > **
                >

                > if it's on line already, it is available.
                > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus.  It's just an alternative
                > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
                >
                > Sandy OWL
                >
                > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
                > wrote:
                >
                > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
                > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
                > Syllabus.
                > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
                >

                > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
                > out?
                >
                > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                >
                > > FYI
                >

                > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                >
                > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
                > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                >

                > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
                > training portion of the Cub Scout
                >
                > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
                >
                > > SNIP

                Andrew

                Tristeza não tem fim, felicidade sim.

              • Sandra Martens
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                  can't answer that- but I'd guess probably not.  this new syllabus relies on the den meeting format, and I can't see that working on line.
                  just my 2 cents

                  Sandy OWL