RE: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.

  • Jenn Marques
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
      Thank you Sandy! :)

      Sincerely,
      Jenn Marques

      To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
      From: sandyowl1@...
      Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 08:02:12 -0800
      Subject: RE: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.

      click on the scouting.org link about 2/3 way down the message (1a)

      you can download it from that page.

      Sandy OWL

      From: Jenn Marques jennmarques@...>

      To: "scouter_t@yahoogroups.com" scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>

      Date: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 6:39 AM

      I didn't see an attachment.

      Sincerely,

      Jenn Marques

      To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com; jjalta@...; chris.clark@...; troop41vp@...; JillScout@...

      From: ed5870@...

      Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 06:22:14 -0500

      here is a new syllabus for CLST

      Ed Harvey

      Dutchess District Training Chair

      Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader

      In a message dated 2/22/2013 7:59:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

      dowrightbw@... writes:

      FYI

      1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.

      a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link

      _http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx_ (http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx)

      2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger & Wolf Bear Den Leader

      training portion of the Cub Scout

      Leader Specific training syllabus book.

      3. By using this syllabus you do not need for the Tiger Cub Den Leaders or

      Wolf / Bear Den Leader

      to attend the following:

      a. Introduction to Cub Scouting

      b. How We Have Fun

      c. Den Leader All

      d. Den Leader Split Session

      f. Tiger Cub Den Leader Split session

      Yours In Scouting

      Mike Crothers

      and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

      and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

    • Todd Block
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 24, 2013
        Thank you Mike and Jamie,

        I did not have time to scan the manual before asking. My bad.

        --
        Todd Block
        Unit Commissioner

      • Richard Perlman
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
          Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled out?

          On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
          > FYI
          >
          > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
          > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
          >
          > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader training portion of the Cub Scout
          > Leader Specific training syllabus book.

          > SNIP

        • Sandra Martens
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
            if it's on line already, it is available.
            remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus.  It's just an alternative way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.

            Sandy OWL

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
              Sandy,

              thanks for that clarification.

              My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
              new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

              "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
              includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
              and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
              train all of the other pack positions.

              Andrew

              On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

              > **
              >

              > if it's on line already, it is available.
              > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus. It's just an alternative
              > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
              >
              > Sandy OWL
              >
              > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
              > wrote:
              >
              > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
              > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
              > Syllabus.
              > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
              > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
              >

              > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
              > out?
              >
              > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
              >
              > > FYI
              >

              > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
              >
              > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
              > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
              >

              > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
              > training portion of the Cub Scout
              >
              > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
              >
              > > SNIP

              Andrew

              Tristeza n�o tem fim, felicidade sim.

            • Richard Perlman
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                Perhaps my question was not clear.

                What I want to know is if the Tiger DL, Wolf DL, and Bear DL Leader
                Position-Specific myscouting online video trainings are going to be
                condensed into one myscouting online training to match what they did
                with the "live training" syllabus.

                Rich

                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                  we're going to talk about it at our council calendar planning on Thursday, but I'm pushing that we use the new one for den leaders ONLY during the week, and do the regular syllabus for Saturday training sessions.  Our council right now runs den meetings/committee meetings during our split sessions and then follow up with a pack meeting (so they can see how everything fits together).  We'll do the den leader without the pack meeting during week day training sessions.

                  Sandy OWL

                  My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
                  new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

                  "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
                  includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
                  and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
                  train all of the other pack positions.

                  Andrew

                  On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > if it's on line already, it is available.
                  > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus.  It's just an alternative
                  > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
                  >
                  > Sandy OWL
                  >
                  > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
                  > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
                  > Syllabus.
                  > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                  > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
                  >

                  > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
                  > out?
                  >
                  > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                  >
                  > > FYI
                  >

                  > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                  >
                  > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
                  > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                  >

                  > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
                  > training portion of the Cub Scout
                  >
                  > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
                  >
                  > > SNIP

                  Andrew

                  Tristeza não tem fim, felicidade sim.

                • Sandra Martens
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                    can't answer that- but I'd guess probably not.  this new syllabus relies on the den meeting format, and I can't see that working on line.
                    just my 2 cents

                    Sandy OWL