Re: [Scouter_T] Re: New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.

  • Michael Crothers
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
      No new code.

      You can use C41 & C42 both per the lesson plan statement.

      Yours In Scouting

      Mike Crothers

      and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
      and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
        Thank you Sandy! :)

        Sincerely,
        Jenn Marques

        To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
        From: sandyowl1@...
        Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 08:02:12 -0800

        click on the scouting.org link about 2/3 way down the message (1a)

        you can download it from that page.

        Sandy OWL

        From: Jenn Marques jennmarques@...>

        To: "scouter_t@yahoogroups.com" scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>

        Date: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 6:39 AM

        I didn't see an attachment.

        Sincerely,

        Jenn Marques

        To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com; jjalta@...; chris.clark@...; troop41vp@...; JillScout@...

        From: ed5870@...

        Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 06:22:14 -0500

        here is a new syllabus for CLST

        Ed Harvey

        Dutchess District Training Chair

        Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader

        In a message dated 2/22/2013 7:59:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

        dowrightbw@... writes:

        FYI

        1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.

        a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link

        _http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx_ (http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx)

        2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger & Wolf Bear Den Leader

        training portion of the Cub Scout

        Leader Specific training syllabus book.

        3. By using this syllabus you do not need for the Tiger Cub Den Leaders or

        Wolf / Bear Den Leader

        to attend the following:

        a. Introduction to Cub Scouting

        b. How We Have Fun

        c. Den Leader All

        d. Den Leader Split Session

        f. Tiger Cub Den Leader Split session

        Yours In Scouting

        Mike Crothers

        and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

        and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

      • Todd Block
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 24, 2013
          Thank you Mike and Jamie,

          I did not have time to scan the manual before asking. My bad.

          --
          Todd Block
          Unit Commissioner

        • Richard Perlman
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
            Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled out?

            On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
            > FYI
            >
            > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
            > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
            >
            > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader training portion of the Cub Scout
            > Leader Specific training syllabus book.

            > SNIP

          • Sandra Martens
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
              if it's on line already, it is available.
              remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus.  It's just an alternative way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.

              Sandy OWL

              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                Sandy,

                thanks for that clarification.

                My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
                new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

                "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
                includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
                and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
                train all of the other pack positions.

                Andrew

                On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

                > **
                >

                > if it's on line already, it is available.
                > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus. It's just an alternative
                > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
                >
                > Sandy OWL
                >
                > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
                > wrote:
                >
                > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
                > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
                > Syllabus.
                > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
                >

                > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
                > out?
                >
                > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                >
                > > FYI
                >

                > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                >
                > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
                > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                >

                > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
                > training portion of the Cub Scout
                >
                > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
                >
                > > SNIP

                Andrew

                Tristeza n�o tem fim, felicidade sim.

              • Richard Perlman
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                  Perhaps my question was not clear.

                  What I want to know is if the Tiger DL, Wolf DL, and Bear DL Leader
                  Position-Specific myscouting online video trainings are going to be
                  condensed into one myscouting online training to match what they did
                  with the "live training" syllabus.

                  Rich

                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                    we're going to talk about it at our council calendar planning on Thursday, but I'm pushing that we use the new one for den leaders ONLY during the week, and do the regular syllabus for Saturday training sessions.  Our council right now runs den meetings/committee meetings during our split sessions and then follow up with a pack meeting (so they can see how everything fits together).  We'll do the den leader without the pack meeting during week day training sessions.

                    Sandy OWL

                    My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
                    new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

                    "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
                    includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
                    and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
                    train all of the other pack positions.

                    Andrew

                    On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > if it's on line already, it is available.
                    > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus.  It's just an alternative
                    > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
                    >
                    > Sandy OWL
                    >
                    > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
                    > wrote:
                    >
                    > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
                    > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
                    > Syllabus.
                    > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                    > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
                    >

                    > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
                    > out?
                    >
                    > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                    >
                    > > FYI
                    >

                    > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                    >
                    > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
                    > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                    >

                    > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
                    > training portion of the Cub Scout
                    >
                    > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
                    >
                    > > SNIP

                    Andrew

                    Tristeza não tem fim, felicidade sim.

                  • Sandra Martens
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                      can't answer that- but I'd guess probably not.  this new syllabus relies on the den meeting format, and I can't see that working on line.
                      just my 2 cents

                      Sandy OWL