Re: [Scouter_T] Re: New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.

  • Jamie Niss Dunn
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
      The course introduction says the codes are C41 and C42. If you train for all three years in one session, BOTH codes can be entered. Then the leader doesn't have to retrain until Webelos.

      Jamie Niss Dunn

      On Feb 23, 2013, at 10:06 AM, Todd Block <uc80526@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Mike. Do you know if there will be a new number for codes?
      >

      > .

    • Michael Crothers
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
        No new code.

        You can use C41 & C42 both per the lesson plan statement.

        Yours In Scouting

        Mike Crothers

        and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
        and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
          Thank you Sandy! :)

          Sincerely,
          Jenn Marques

          To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
          From: sandyowl1@...
          Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 08:02:12 -0800

          click on the scouting.org link about 2/3 way down the message (1a)

          you can download it from that page.

          Sandy OWL

          From: Jenn Marques jennmarques@...>

          To: "scouter_t@yahoogroups.com" scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>

          Date: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 6:39 AM

          I didn't see an attachment.

          Sincerely,

          Jenn Marques

          To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com; jjalta@...; chris.clark@...; troop41vp@...; JillScout@...

          From: ed5870@...

          Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 06:22:14 -0500

          here is a new syllabus for CLST

          Ed Harvey

          Dutchess District Training Chair

          Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader

          In a message dated 2/22/2013 7:59:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

          dowrightbw@... writes:

          FYI

          1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.

          a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link

          _http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx_ (http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx)

          2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger & Wolf Bear Den Leader

          training portion of the Cub Scout

          Leader Specific training syllabus book.

          3. By using this syllabus you do not need for the Tiger Cub Den Leaders or

          Wolf / Bear Den Leader

          to attend the following:

          a. Introduction to Cub Scouting

          b. How We Have Fun

          c. Den Leader All

          d. Den Leader Split Session

          f. Tiger Cub Den Leader Split session

          Yours In Scouting

          Mike Crothers

          and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

          and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

        • Todd Block
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 24, 2013
            Thank you Mike and Jamie,

            I did not have time to scan the manual before asking. My bad.

            --
            Todd Block
            Unit Commissioner

          • Richard Perlman
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
              Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled out?

              On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
              > FYI
              >
              > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
              > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
              >
              > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader training portion of the Cub Scout
              > Leader Specific training syllabus book.

              > SNIP

            • Sandra Martens
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                if it's on line already, it is available.
                remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus.  It's just an alternative way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.

                Sandy OWL

                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                  Sandy,

                  thanks for that clarification.

                  My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
                  new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

                  "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
                  includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
                  and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
                  train all of the other pack positions.

                  Andrew

                  On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > if it's on line already, it is available.
                  > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus. It's just an alternative
                  > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
                  >
                  > Sandy OWL
                  >
                  > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
                  > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
                  > Syllabus.
                  > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                  > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
                  >

                  > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
                  > out?
                  >
                  > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                  >
                  > > FYI
                  >

                  > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                  >
                  > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
                  > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                  >

                  > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
                  > training portion of the Cub Scout
                  >
                  > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
                  >
                  > > SNIP

                  Andrew

                  Tristeza n�o tem fim, felicidade sim.

                • Richard Perlman
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                    Perhaps my question was not clear.

                    What I want to know is if the Tiger DL, Wolf DL, and Bear DL Leader
                    Position-Specific myscouting online video trainings are going to be
                    condensed into one myscouting online training to match what they did
                    with the "live training" syllabus.

                    Rich

                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                      we're going to talk about it at our council calendar planning on Thursday, but I'm pushing that we use the new one for den leaders ONLY during the week, and do the regular syllabus for Saturday training sessions.  Our council right now runs den meetings/committee meetings during our split sessions and then follow up with a pack meeting (so they can see how everything fits together).  We'll do the den leader without the pack meeting during week day training sessions.

                      Sandy OWL

                      My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
                      new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

                      "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
                      includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
                      and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
                      train all of the other pack positions.

                      Andrew

                      On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

                      > **
                      >

                      > if it's on line already, it is available.
                      > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus.  It's just an alternative
                      > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
                      >
                      > Sandy OWL
                      >
                      > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
                      > wrote:
                      >
                      > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
                      > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
                      > Syllabus.
                      > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                      > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
                      >

                      > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
                      > out?
                      >
                      > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                      >
                      > > FYI
                      >

                      > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                      >
                      > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
                      > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                      >

                      > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
                      > training portion of the Cub Scout
                      >
                      > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
                      >
                      > > SNIP

                      Andrew

                      Tristeza não tem fim, felicidade sim.

                    • Sandra Martens
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                        can't answer that- but I'd guess probably not.  this new syllabus relies on the den meeting format, and I can't see that working on line.
                        just my 2 cents

                        Sandy OWL