RE: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.

  • Sandra Martens
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
      click on the scouting.org link about 2/3 way down the message (1a)
      you can download it from that page.

      Sandy OWL

      From: ed5870@...

      Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 06:22:14 -0500

      here is a new syllabus for CLST

      Ed Harvey

      Dutchess District Training Chair

      Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader

      In a message dated 2/22/2013 7:59:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

      dowrightbw@... writes:

      FYI

      1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.

      a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link

      _http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx_ (http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx)

      2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger & Wolf Bear Den Leader

      training portion of the Cub Scout

      Leader Specific training syllabus book.

      3. By using this syllabus you do not need for the Tiger Cub Den Leaders or

      Wolf / Bear Den Leader

      to attend the following:

      a. Introduction to Cub Scouting

      b. How We Have Fun

      c. Den Leader All

      d. Den Leader Split Session

      f. Tiger Cub Den Leader Split session

      Yours In Scouting

      Mike Crothers

      and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

      and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

    • Todd Block
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
        Thanks Mike. Do you know if there will be a new number for the training
        codes?

        --
        Todd Block
        Unit Commissioner

        FYI

        1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
        a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link http://www.scouting**
        .org/Training/**Adult.aspx <http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx>

        2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger & Wolf Bear Den Leader training
        portion of the Cub Scout
        Leader Specific training syllabus book.

        3. By using this syllabus you do not need for the Tiger Cub Den Leaders or
        Wolf / Bear Den Leader
        to attend the following:
        a. Introduction to Cub Scouting
        b. How We Have Fun
        c. Den Leader All
        d. Den Leader Split Session
        f. Tiger Cub Den Leader Split session

        Yours In Scouting

        Mike Crothers

      • Jamie Niss Dunn
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
          The course introduction says the codes are C41 and C42. If you train for all three years in one session, BOTH codes can be entered. Then the leader doesn't have to retrain until Webelos.

          Jamie Niss Dunn

          On Feb 23, 2013, at 10:06 AM, Todd Block <uc80526@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Mike. Do you know if there will be a new number for codes?
          >

          > .

        • Michael Crothers
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
            No new code.

            You can use C41 & C42 both per the lesson plan statement.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
              Thank you Sandy! :)

              Sincerely,
              Jenn Marques

              To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

              From: Jenn Marques jennmarques@...>

              To: "scouter_t@yahoogroups.com" scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>

              Date: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 6:39 AM

              I didn't see an attachment.

              Sincerely,

              Jenn Marques

              To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com; jjalta@...; chris.clark@...; troop41vp@...; JillScout@...

              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 24, 2013
                Thank you Mike and Jamie,

                I did not have time to scan the manual before asking. My bad.

                --
                Todd Block
                Unit Commissioner

              • Richard Perlman
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                  Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled out?

                  On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                  > FYI
                  >
                  > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                  > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                  >
                  > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader training portion of the Cub Scout
                  > Leader Specific training syllabus book.

                  > SNIP

                • Sandra Martens
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                    if it's on line already, it is available.
                    remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus.  It's just an alternative way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.

                    Sandy OWL

                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                      Sandy,

                      thanks for that clarification.

                      My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
                      new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

                      "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
                      includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
                      and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
                      train all of the other pack positions.

                      Andrew

                      On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

                      > **
                      >

                      > if it's on line already, it is available.
                      > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus. It's just an alternative
                      > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
                      >
                      > Sandy OWL
                      >
                      > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
                      > wrote:
                      >
                      > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
                      > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
                      > Syllabus.
                      > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                      > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
                      >

                      > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
                      > out?
                      >
                      > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                      >
                      > > FYI
                      >

                      > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                      >
                      > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
                      > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                      >

                      > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
                      > training portion of the Cub Scout
                      >
                      > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
                      >
                      > > SNIP

                      Andrew

                      Tristeza n�o tem fim, felicidade sim.

                    • Richard Perlman
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                        Perhaps my question was not clear.

                        What I want to know is if the Tiger DL, Wolf DL, and Bear DL Leader
                        Position-Specific myscouting online video trainings are going to be
                        condensed into one myscouting online training to match what they did
                        with the "live training" syllabus.

                        Rich

                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                          we're going to talk about it at our council calendar planning on Thursday, but I'm pushing that we use the new one for den leaders ONLY during the week, and do the regular syllabus for Saturday training sessions.  Our council right now runs den meetings/committee meetings during our split sessions and then follow up with a pack meeting (so they can see how everything fits together).  We'll do the den leader without the pack meeting during week day training sessions.

                          Sandy OWL

                          My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
                          new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

                          "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
                          includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
                          and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
                          train all of the other pack positions.

                          Andrew

                          On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

                          > **
                          >

                          > if it's on line already, it is available.
                          > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus.  It's just an alternative
                          > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
                          >
                          > Sandy OWL
                          >
                          > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
                          > wrote:
                          >
                          > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
                          > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
                          > Syllabus.
                          > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                          > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
                          >

                          > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
                          > out?
                          >
                          > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                          >
                          > > FYI
                          >

                          > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                          >
                          > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
                          > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                          >

                          > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
                          > training portion of the Cub Scout
                          >
                          > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
                          >
                          > > SNIP

                          Andrew

                          Tristeza não tem fim, felicidade sim.

                        • Sandra Martens
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                            can't answer that- but I'd guess probably not.  this new syllabus relies on the den meeting format, and I can't see that working on line.
                            just my 2 cents

                            Sandy OWL