RE: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.

  • Jenn Marques
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
      I didn't see an attachment.

      Sincerely,
      Jenn Marques

      To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com; jjalta@...; chris.clark@...; troop41vp@...; JillScout@...
      From: ed5870@...
      Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 06:22:14 -0500
      Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.

      here is a new syllabus for CLST

      Ed Harvey

      Dutchess District Training Chair

      Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader

      In a message dated 2/22/2013 7:59:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

      dowrightbw@... writes:

      FYI

      1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.

      a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link

      _http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx_ (http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx)

      2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger & Wolf Bear Den Leader

      training portion of the Cub Scout

      Leader Specific training syllabus book.

      3. By using this syllabus you do not need for the Tiger Cub Den Leaders or

      Wolf / Bear Den Leader

      to attend the following:

      a. Introduction to Cub Scouting

      b. How We Have Fun

      c. Den Leader All

      d. Den Leader Split Session

      f. Tiger Cub Den Leader Split session

      Yours In Scouting

      Mike Crothers

      and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

      and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

    • Michael Crothers
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
        You can't send attachments to the list server.

        Go to the link given and it is at the top of the list of training courses and it is downloadable.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
          click on the scouting.org link about 2/3 way down the message (1a)
          you can download it from that page.

          Sandy OWL

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
            Thanks Mike. Do you know if there will be a new number for the training
            codes?

            --
            Todd Block
            Unit Commissioner

            FYI

            1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
            a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link http://www.scouting**
            .org/Training/**Adult.aspx <http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx>

            2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger & Wolf Bear Den Leader training
            portion of the Cub Scout
            Leader Specific training syllabus book.

            3. By using this syllabus you do not need for the Tiger Cub Den Leaders or
            Wolf / Bear Den Leader
            to attend the following:
            a. Introduction to Cub Scouting
            b. How We Have Fun
            c. Den Leader All
            d. Den Leader Split Session
            f. Tiger Cub Den Leader Split session

            Yours In Scouting

            Mike Crothers

          • Jamie Niss Dunn
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
              The course introduction says the codes are C41 and C42. If you train for all three years in one session, BOTH codes can be entered. Then the leader doesn't have to retrain until Webelos.

              Jamie Niss Dunn

              On Feb 23, 2013, at 10:06 AM, Todd Block <uc80526@...> wrote:

              > Thanks Mike. Do you know if there will be a new number for codes?
              >

              > .

            • Michael Crothers

                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
                  Thank you Sandy! :)

                  Sincerely,
                  Jenn Marques

                  To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

                  From: Jenn Marques jennmarques@...>

                  To: "scouter_t@yahoogroups.com" scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>

                  Date: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 6:39 AM

                  I didn't see an attachment.

                  Sincerely,

                  Jenn Marques

                  To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com; jjalta@...; chris.clark@...; troop41vp@...; JillScout@...

                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 24, 2013
                    Thank you Mike and Jamie,

                    I did not have time to scan the manual before asking. My bad.

                    --
                    Todd Block
                    Unit Commissioner

                  • Richard Perlman
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                      Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled out?

                      On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                      > FYI
                      >
                      > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                      > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                      >
                      > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader training portion of the Cub Scout
                      > Leader Specific training syllabus book.

                      > SNIP

                    • Sandra Martens
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                        if it's on line already, it is available.
                        remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus.  It's just an alternative way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.

                        Sandy OWL

                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                          Sandy,

                          thanks for that clarification.

                          My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
                          new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

                          "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
                          includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
                          and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
                          train all of the other pack positions.

                          Andrew

                          On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

                          > **
                          >

                          > if it's on line already, it is available.
                          > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus. It's just an alternative
                          > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
                          >
                          > Sandy OWL
                          >
                          > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
                          > wrote:
                          >
                          > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
                          > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
                          > Syllabus.
                          > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                          > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
                          >

                          > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
                          > out?
                          >
                          > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                          >
                          > > FYI
                          >

                          > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                          >
                          > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
                          > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                          >

                          > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
                          > training portion of the Cub Scout
                          >
                          > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
                          >
                          > > SNIP

                          Andrew

                          Tristeza n�o tem fim, felicidade sim.

                        • Richard Perlman
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                            Perhaps my question was not clear.

                            What I want to know is if the Tiger DL, Wolf DL, and Bear DL Leader
                            Position-Specific myscouting online video trainings are going to be
                            condensed into one myscouting online training to match what they did
                            with the "live training" syllabus.

                            Rich

                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                              we're going to talk about it at our council calendar planning on Thursday, but I'm pushing that we use the new one for den leaders ONLY during the week, and do the regular syllabus for Saturday training sessions.  Our council right now runs den meetings/committee meetings during our split sessions and then follow up with a pack meeting (so they can see how everything fits together).  We'll do the den leader without the pack meeting during week day training sessions.

                              Sandy OWL

                              My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
                              new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

                              "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
                              includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
                              and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
                              train all of the other pack positions.

                              Andrew

                              On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

                              > **
                              >

                              > if it's on line already, it is available.
                              > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus.  It's just an alternative
                              > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
                              >
                              > Sandy OWL
                              >
                              > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
                              > wrote:
                              >
                              > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
                              > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
                              > Syllabus.
                              > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                              > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
                              >

                              > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
                              > out?
                              >
                              > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                              >
                              > > FYI
                              >

                              > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                              >
                              > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
                              > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                              >

                              > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
                              > training portion of the Cub Scout
                              >
                              > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
                              >
                              > > SNIP

                              Andrew

                              Tristeza não tem fim, felicidade sim.

                            • Sandra Martens
                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                                can't answer that- but I'd guess probably not.  this new syllabus relies on the den meeting format, and I can't see that working on line.
                                just my 2 cents

                                Sandy OWL