Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.

  • ed5870
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
      here is a new syllabus for CLST

      Ed Harvey
      Dutchess District Training Chair
      Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader

      In a message dated 2/22/2013 7:59:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      dowrightbw@... writes:

      FYI

      1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
      a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
      _http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx_ (http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx)

      2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger & Wolf Bear Den Leader
      training portion of the Cub Scout
      Leader Specific training syllabus book.

      3. By using this syllabus you do not need for the Tiger Cub Den Leaders or
      Wolf / Bear Den Leader
      to attend the following:
      a. Introduction to Cub Scouting
      b. How We Have Fun
      c. Den Leader All
      d. Den Leader Split Session
      f. Tiger Cub Den Leader Split session

      Yours In Scouting

      Mike Crothers

      and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
      and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

    • Jenn Marques
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
        I didn't see an attachment.

        Sincerely,
        Jenn Marques

        To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com; jjalta@...; chris.clark@...; troop41vp@...; JillScout@...

        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
          You can't send attachments to the list server.

          Go to the link given and it is at the top of the list of training courses and it is downloadable.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
            click on the scouting.org link about 2/3 way down the message (1a)
            you can download it from that page.

            Sandy OWL

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
              Thanks Mike. Do you know if there will be a new number for the training
              codes?

              --
              Todd Block
              Unit Commissioner

              FYI

              1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
              a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link http://www.scouting**
              .org/Training/**Adult.aspx <http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx>

              2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger & Wolf Bear Den Leader training
              portion of the Cub Scout
              Leader Specific training syllabus book.

              3. By using this syllabus you do not need for the Tiger Cub Den Leaders or
              Wolf / Bear Den Leader
              to attend the following:
              a. Introduction to Cub Scouting
              b. How We Have Fun
              c. Den Leader All
              d. Den Leader Split Session
              f. Tiger Cub Den Leader Split session

              Yours In Scouting

              Mike Crothers

            • Jamie Niss Dunn
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
                The course introduction says the codes are C41 and C42. If you train for all three years in one session, BOTH codes can be entered. Then the leader doesn't have to retrain until Webelos.

                Jamie Niss Dunn

                On Feb 23, 2013, at 10:06 AM, Todd Block <uc80526@...> wrote:

                > Thanks Mike. Do you know if there will be a new number for codes?
                >

                > .

              • Michael Crothers

                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
                    Thank you Sandy! :)

                    Sincerely,
                    Jenn Marques

                    To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

                    From: Jenn Marques jennmarques@...>

                    To: "scouter_t@yahoogroups.com" scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>

                    Date: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 6:39 AM

                    I didn't see an attachment.

                    Sincerely,

                    Jenn Marques

                    To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com; jjalta@...; chris.clark@...; troop41vp@...; JillScout@...

                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 24, 2013
                      Thank you Mike and Jamie,

                      I did not have time to scan the manual before asking. My bad.

                      --
                      Todd Block
                      Unit Commissioner

                    • Richard Perlman
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                        Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled out?

                        On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                        > FYI
                        >
                        > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                        > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                        >
                        > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader training portion of the Cub Scout
                        > Leader Specific training syllabus book.

                        > SNIP

                      • Sandra Martens
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                          if it's on line already, it is available.
                          remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus.  It's just an alternative way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.

                          Sandy OWL

                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                            Sandy,

                            thanks for that clarification.

                            My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
                            new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

                            "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
                            includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
                            and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
                            train all of the other pack positions.

                            Andrew

                            On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

                            > **
                            >

                            > if it's on line already, it is available.
                            > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus. It's just an alternative
                            > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
                            >
                            > Sandy OWL
                            >
                            > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
                            > wrote:
                            >
                            > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
                            > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
                            > Syllabus.
                            > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                            > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
                            >

                            > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
                            > out?
                            >
                            > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                            >
                            > > FYI
                            >

                            > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                            >
                            > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
                            > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                            >

                            > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
                            > training portion of the Cub Scout
                            >
                            > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
                            >
                            > > SNIP

                            Andrew

                            Tristeza n�o tem fim, felicidade sim.

                          • Richard Perlman
                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                              Perhaps my question was not clear.

                              What I want to know is if the Tiger DL, Wolf DL, and Bear DL Leader
                              Position-Specific myscouting online video trainings are going to be
                              condensed into one myscouting online training to match what they did
                              with the "live training" syllabus.

                              Rich

                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                                we're going to talk about it at our council calendar planning on Thursday, but I'm pushing that we use the new one for den leaders ONLY during the week, and do the regular syllabus for Saturday training sessions.  Our council right now runs den meetings/committee meetings during our split sessions and then follow up with a pack meeting (so they can see how everything fits together).  We'll do the den leader without the pack meeting during week day training sessions.

                                Sandy OWL

                                My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
                                new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

                                "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
                                includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
                                and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
                                train all of the other pack positions.

                                Andrew

                                On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

                                > **
                                >

                                > if it's on line already, it is available.
                                > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus.  It's just an alternative
                                > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
                                >
                                > Sandy OWL
                                >
                                > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
                                > wrote:
                                >
                                > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
                                > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
                                > Syllabus.
                                > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                                > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
                                >

                                > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
                                > out?
                                >
                                > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                                >
                                > > FYI
                                >

                                > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                                >
                                > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
                                > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                                >

                                > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
                                > training portion of the Cub Scout
                                >
                                > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
                                >
                                > > SNIP

                                Andrew

                                Tristeza não tem fim, felicidade sim.

                              • Sandra Martens
                                Message 15 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                                  can't answer that- but I'd guess probably not.  this new syllabus relies on the den meeting format, and I can't see that working on line.
                                  just my 2 cents

                                  Sandy OWL