New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.

  • Michael Crothers
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 22, 2013
      FYI

      1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
      a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx

      2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger & Wolf Bear Den Leader training portion of the Cub Scout
      Leader Specific training  syllabus book.

      3. By using this syllabus you do not need for the Tiger Cub Den Leaders or Wolf / Bear Den Leader
      to attend the following:
      a. Introduction to Cub Scouting
      b. How We Have Fun
      c. Den Leader All
      d. Den Leader Split Session
      f. Tiger Cub Den Leader Split session

      Yours In Scouting

      Mike Crothers

      and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
      and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

    • ed5870
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
        here is a new syllabus for CLST

        Ed Harvey
        Dutchess District Training Chair
        Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader

        _http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx_ (http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx)

        2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger & Wolf Bear Den Leader
        training portion of the Cub Scout
        Leader Specific training syllabus book.

        3. By using this syllabus you do not need for the Tiger Cub Den Leaders or
        Wolf / Bear Den Leader
        to attend the following:
        a. Introduction to Cub Scouting
        b. How We Have Fun
        c. Den Leader All
        d. Den Leader Split Session
        f. Tiger Cub Den Leader Split session

        Yours In Scouting

        Mike Crothers

        and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13
        and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

      • Jenn Marques
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
          I didn't see an attachment.

          Sincerely,
          Jenn Marques

          To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com; jjalta@...; chris.clark@...; troop41vp@...; JillScout@...

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
            You can't send attachments to the list server.

            Go to the link given and it is at the top of the list of training courses and it is downloadable.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
              click on the scouting.org link about 2/3 way down the message (1a)
              you can download it from that page.

              Sandy OWL

              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
                Thanks Mike. Do you know if there will be a new number for the training
                codes?

                --
                Todd Block
                Unit Commissioner

                FYI

                1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link http://www.scouting**
                .org/Training/**Adult.aspx <http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx>

                2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger & Wolf Bear Den Leader training
                portion of the Cub Scout
                Leader Specific training syllabus book.

                3. By using this syllabus you do not need for the Tiger Cub Den Leaders or
                Wolf / Bear Den Leader
                to attend the following:
                a. Introduction to Cub Scouting
                b. How We Have Fun
                c. Den Leader All
                d. Den Leader Split Session
                f. Tiger Cub Den Leader Split session

                Yours In Scouting

                Mike Crothers

              • Jamie Niss Dunn
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
                  The course introduction says the codes are C41 and C42. If you train for all three years in one session, BOTH codes can be entered. Then the leader doesn't have to retrain until Webelos.

                  Jamie Niss Dunn

                  On Feb 23, 2013, at 10:06 AM, Todd Block <uc80526@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks Mike. Do you know if there will be a new number for codes?
                  >

                  > .

                • Michael Crothers

                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
                      Thank you Sandy! :)

                      Sincerely,
                      Jenn Marques

                      To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

                      From: Jenn Marques jennmarques@...>

                      To: "scouter_t@yahoogroups.com" scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>

                      Date: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 6:39 AM

                      I didn't see an attachment.

                      Sincerely,

                      Jenn Marques

                      To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com; jjalta@...; chris.clark@...; troop41vp@...; JillScout@...

                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 24, 2013
                        Thank you Mike and Jamie,

                        I did not have time to scan the manual before asking. My bad.

                        --
                        Todd Block
                        Unit Commissioner

                      • Richard Perlman
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                          Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled out?

                          On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                          > FYI
                          >
                          > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                          > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                          >
                          > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader training portion of the Cub Scout
                          > Leader Specific training syllabus book.

                          > SNIP

                        • Sandra Martens
                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                            if it's on line already, it is available.
                            remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus.  It's just an alternative way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.

                            Sandy OWL

                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                              Sandy,

                              thanks for that clarification.

                              My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
                              new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

                              "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
                              includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
                              and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
                              train all of the other pack positions.

                              Andrew

                              On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

                              > **
                              >

                              > if it's on line already, it is available.
                              > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus. It's just an alternative
                              > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
                              >
                              > Sandy OWL
                              >
                              > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
                              > wrote:
                              >
                              > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
                              > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
                              > Syllabus.
                              > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                              > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
                              >

                              > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
                              > out?
                              >
                              > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                              >
                              > > FYI
                              >

                              > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                              >
                              > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
                              > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                              >

                              > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
                              > training portion of the Cub Scout
                              >
                              > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
                              >
                              > > SNIP

                              Andrew

                              Tristeza n�o tem fim, felicidade sim.

                            • Richard Perlman
                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                                Perhaps my question was not clear.

                                What I want to know is if the Tiger DL, Wolf DL, and Bear DL Leader
                                Position-Specific myscouting online video trainings are going to be
                                condensed into one myscouting online training to match what they did
                                with the "live training" syllabus.

                                Rich

                                Message 15 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                                  we're going to talk about it at our council calendar planning on Thursday, but I'm pushing that we use the new one for den leaders ONLY during the week, and do the regular syllabus for Saturday training sessions.  Our council right now runs den meetings/committee meetings during our split sessions and then follow up with a pack meeting (so they can see how everything fits together).  We'll do the den leader without the pack meeting during week day training sessions.

                                  Sandy OWL

                                  My interpretation of the Winter training times is that for Den leaders, the
                                  new syllabus MUST be used instead of the old training.

                                  "The existing Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course, which
                                  includes sections for Cubmasters, Webelos den leaders, committee members,
                                  and den leaders, is still a valid course and should continue to be used to
                                  train all of the other pack positions.

                                  Andrew

                                  On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...>wrote:

                                  > **
                                  >

                                  > if it's on line already, it is available.
                                  > remember- it does NOT replace the old syllabus.  It's just an alternative
                                  > way to present the den leader/tiger den leader training.
                                  >
                                  > Sandy OWL
                                  >
                                  > --- On Wed, 2/27/13, Richard Perlman richard@...>
                                  > wrote:
                                  >
                                  > From: Richard Perlman richard@...>
                                  > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] New Cub Scout Den Leader & Tiger Den Leader
                                  > Syllabus.
                                  > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                                  > Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:38 AM
                                  >

                                  > Is there a timeline in place for when the Online version will be rolled
                                  > out?
                                  >
                                  > On 2/22/2013 7:59 PM, Michael Crothers wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > FYI
                                  >

                                  > > 1. There is a new Cub Scout Den Leader& Tiger Den Leader Syllabus.
                                  >
                                  > > a. Copies can be downloaded from the following link
                                  > http://www.scouting.org/Training/Adult.aspx
                                  >

                                  > > 2. This syllabus totally replaces for Tiger& Wolf Bear Den Leader
                                  > training portion of the Cub Scout
                                  >
                                  > > Leader Specific training syllabus book.
                                  >
                                  > > SNIP

                                  Andrew

                                  Tristeza não tem fim, felicidade sim.

                                • Sandra Martens
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Feb 27, 2013
                                    can't answer that- but I'd guess probably not.  this new syllabus relies on the den meeting format, and I can't see that working on line.
                                    just my 2 cents

                                    Sandy OWL