2012 Top Training Councils

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 17, 2013
      The final 2012 reports are in and here are the top training councils in each region according to the Journey to Excellence:

      Central Region – Heart of America
      Southern Region – Heart of Virginia
      Northeast Region – Minsi Trails
      Western Region – Mount Baker

      The Heart of America Council, headquartered in Kansas City, was #1 overall with 96.9% trained leaders!

      The rest of the "Top Ten" in the BSA were:
      2 - Heart of Virginia (92.8%)
      3- Chattahoochee (86%)
      4 - Potawatomi Area (83.2%)
      5 - Minsi Trails (76.4%)
      6 - Dan Beard (75.4%)
      7 - Rio Grande (73%)
      8 - Columbia-Montour (72.2%)
      9 - Pennsylvania Dutch (71.6%)
      10 - Central Florida (70.4%)

      Seventy-five percent of the BSA's local councils improved their JTE training score over 2011! Fifty-nine percent of all councils were Gold, 27% were Silver, and 10% were Bronze. Four percent had a percentage that fell below the Bronze criteria.

      JTE counts trained Cubmasters, Tiger Cub den leaders, Cub Scout den leaders, Webelos den leaders, Scoutmasters, leaders of 11-year-old Scouts in troops chartered to the LDS Church, Team Coaches, and Crew Advisors.

      http://www.scouting.org/training/trainingupdates.aspx
    • David
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 17, 2013
        A little confusing, since you can't register unless you are trained. I wonder where the 3.1% of untrained leaders are coming from.

        David Wildschuetz
        Scoutmaster, Troop 310
        http://bstroop1310.scoutlander.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 17, 2013
          All that is required to register nationally is Youth Protection Training.
          Anything more stringent is a Council-level requirement.

          Teresa Hall
          Vulcan District Cub Training Chair
          Greater Alabama Council

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 17, 2013
            That's just it. You can not turn in an application without all required training in the HOAC. That's why I'm confused that there's anything less than 100%. Anyone without the training converts to a Scouter Reserve ( a non-leader position), or if no YPT, dropped altogether from the rosters.