Re: [Scouter_T] New item on BSA training site

  • Jamie Niss Dunn
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 12, 2013
      **That document is helpful but would be more so if it described courses in
      more detail. Perhaps one needs to go to other documents to get abstracts
      on what is covered in each course.**

      I think the specific course descriptions were omitted purposely, so that as courses change, the book wouldn't have to be revised each time.

      The summaries on the training page: http://www.scouting.org/training/adult.aspx are probably as complete descriptions as exist.

      (For some reason, my quotes of other people's posts aren't alway showing. I changed how I notated the quote. I hope it works)

      Jamie Niss Dunn
      Cubmaster, Pack 512
      Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      Troop Committee, Troop 509
      Ham Lake, MN
      Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
      Three Rivers District

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 12, 2013
        Hi Bill,
        Yes I agree. That is why I was asking if this was something that is only offered at the District or Council level. Which really seems like a no brainer in retrospect............

        Connie

        --- On Sat, 1/12/13, Bill <bnelson45@...> wrote:

        Connie,

        I wouldn't tell people at Roundtable about this course until your counsel actually offers it.

        Bill

      • Mark Ellis
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 12, 2013
          Interesting point...did a word search for "district" or "council" on the
          document, and didn't find either word so I think those BSA Training folks
          are leaving it up to the field. I could see an SM using some of this
          syllabus to train Jr Asst SMs or Troop Instructors on how to improve their
          training techniques.

          That being said, my council leadership training committee will be talking
          about this next week.

          YiS

          Mark Ellis
          Aquia District