Re: Looking for presentation on making troop meetings more organized

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
      Problems to be addressed are pretty well summed up in the Voice of the Scout survey:

      http://www.scouting.org/filestore/mission/pdf/VOS2012SpringCycleFullReport_Spring2012.pdf

      http://www.scouting.org/filestore/mission/pdf/VoSExecutiveSummary_Spring12.pdf

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Connie Knie wrote:

      > Those are both good courses but I believe the OP is looking for something more specific. I guess the question starts by narrowing down what is meant by "more organized". I mean what is unorganized now? Are they simply running around? Is there no program planned at all? Are the scouts bored?
      >
      > I like this idea and it sounds like the basis of a good RT discussion........
      >
      > Connie
      >
      > --- On Sat, 1/5/13, Tim Yagley wrote:
      >

      > I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.
      >
      > YIS,

    • Mike and Laura Beck
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 6, 2013
        Bill, I can't help with a suggestion of training, but here are some things to consider. Is the PLC meeting regularly / monthly? Are the *Scouts* planning the meetings? What are they trying to accomplish? Have you asked them what they want to do about it?

        Mike
        <><
        Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it - Proverbs 22:6.
        ScoutMaster@...
        http://www.bstroop61.com/

        On Jan 5, 2013, at 2:43 PM, Bill <bnelson45@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone put together a presentation for Scoutmasters on making a troop meeting more organized?

      • A. Dukovic
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 6, 2013
          Ya don't need a slide show Bill, ya just need to use "Troop Meeting Plan" and it's available from Scouting.org; just use their search engine to find it??

          At your Patrol Leaders Council meetings, simply use this to plan your meetings and then make sure you USE it!!

          - Art
          I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.

          YIS,

          Tim Yagley
          Scoutmaster, Troop 889