Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Looking for presentation on making troop meetings more organized

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
      Those are both good courses but I believe the OP is looking for something more specific. I guess the question starts by narrowing down what is meant by "more organized". I mean what is unorganized now? Are they simply running around? Is there no program planned at all? Are the scouts bored?

      I like this idea and it sounds like the basis of a good RT discussion........

      Connie

      --- On Sat, 1/5/13, Tim Yagley <tim.yagley@...> wrote:

      I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.

      YIS,

    • Rhees Family
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
        Tim, TLT was replaced in 2011 with ILST.

        Mike Rhees
        Wabash Valley District Chairman

        On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Tim Yagley <tim.yagley@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.
        >
        > YIS,
        >
        > Tim Yagley
        > Scoutmaster, Troop 889

      • Jenn Marques
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
          Here is a TLT Power point that I found online. Hope this helps

          Sincerely,
          Jenn Marques

          To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

          Yes, your correct, probably a course for both the SM and SPL together so they both see the same thing and experience the same exercises.

          ideas?

          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com , jlshannon wrote:

          > Don't you mean Senior patrol Leader?

          > Sent from my iPhone

          > On Jan 5, 2013, at 1:43 PM, "Bill" wrote:

          > > Has anyone put together a presentation for Scoutmasters on making a troop meeting more organized?

        • Jamie Niss Dunn
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
            Jenn - did you send an attachment? The list strips them off. You will need to post the file to the group's Yahoo! site.

            Jamie Dunn

            On Jan 5, 2013, at 5:37 PM, Jenn Marques <jennmarques@...> wrote:

            > Here is a TLT Power point that I found online. Hope this helps
            >
            > Sincerely,
            > Jenn Marques
            >

            > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
            > From: tim.yagley@...
            > Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 22:30:05 +0000
            > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Looking for presentation on making troop meetings more organized
            >
            > I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.
            >
            > YIS,
            >
            > Tim Yagley
            >
            > Scoutmaster, Troop 889

          • Bill
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
              Problems to be addressed are pretty well summed up in the Voice of the Scout survey:

              http://www.scouting.org/filestore/mission/pdf/VOS2012SpringCycleFullReport_Spring2012.pdf

              http://www.scouting.org/filestore/mission/pdf/VoSExecutiveSummary_Spring12.pdf

              --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Connie Knie wrote:

              > Those are both good courses but I believe the OP is looking for something more specific. I guess the question starts by narrowing down what is meant by "more organized". I mean what is unorganized now? Are they simply running around? Is there no program planned at all? Are the scouts bored?
              >
              > I like this idea and it sounds like the basis of a good RT discussion........
              >
              > Connie
              >
              > --- On Sat, 1/5/13, Tim Yagley wrote:
              >

              > I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.
              >
              > YIS,

            • Mike and Laura Beck
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 6, 2013
                Bill, I can't help with a suggestion of training, but here are some things to consider. Is the PLC meeting regularly / monthly? Are the *Scouts* planning the meetings? What are they trying to accomplish? Have you asked them what they want to do about it?

                Mike
                <><
                Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it - Proverbs 22:6.
                ScoutMaster@...
                http://www.bstroop61.com/

                On Jan 5, 2013, at 2:43 PM, Bill <bnelson45@...> wrote:

                > Has anyone put together a presentation for Scoutmasters on making a troop meeting more organized?

              • A. Dukovic
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 6, 2013
                  Ya don't need a slide show Bill, ya just need to use "Troop Meeting Plan" and it's available from Scouting.org; just use their search engine to find it??

                  At your Patrol Leaders Council meetings, simply use this to plan your meetings and then make sure you USE it!!

                  - Art